The Tree of Life

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

The Tree of Life

Message  MurielB le Lun 13 Juin - 22:19

The Tree of Life is a film about a Midwestern family in the 1950's. Everything is seen from the eldest son's eyes. This one tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father and at the same time parts from his loving mother.
The director presents surrealist pictures, (for instance the birth of life). On might wonder why ? He doesn't respect chronology so it is very difficult to follow the film. Some people I know found the film fantastic and others completely disliked it. What about you ?

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: The Tree of Life

Message  Guilaine le Sam 18 Juin - 12:58

I didn't hear anything good about this film, so I'm not interested to concentrate over surrealistic pictures which I don't understand.
I think there has been too much advertising over "Tree of Life" with "la Palme d'Or" in Cannes ; it must be of some value to the experts but I am not one of them. !!
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

Re: The Tree of Life

Message  MurielB le Sam 18 Juin - 21:39

I agree with you Ghislaine. When there is much fuss about a film, we expect it to be exceptional .The disillusion is all the more important.

Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut