Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Experiments on animals

2 participants

Experiments on animals Empty Experiments on animals

Message  MurielB Jeu 29 Sep - 22:39

Scientists think that by carrying out experiments on animals, we can cure human beings of certain deseases. In fact there are a lot of difficulties : Human beings and animals are different and what is good for human beings could be very harmful for animals. On the whole, it is very cruel and not very useful. "Vocable" the magazine I enjoy reading helped me to think about that problem.
I have found on internet a little paragraph
Experimenting on animals is acceptable if (and only if):
suffering is minimised in all experiments
human benefits are gained which could not be obtained by using other methods
In this link you will find the aim of an association whose purpose is to end all animal exploitations http://www.all-creatures.org/saen/

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  pierreP Mar 4 Oct - 14:18

Good evening everybody. I am happy to resume a new year, beginning by the language with which I feel the best. Theoretically, I agree with the above statement. Experiments on animals may be carried out if the suffering of animals are kept to the minimum. The problem is that the doctors are just beginning to take into account the human suffering and I am not sure that they are ready to take into account the sufferings of the animals, so I understand very well the "activists" against the experiment on animals.
pierreP
pierreP

Lieu : Lille (59)
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), GB, de, es

Experiments on animals Empty Re: Experiments on animals

Message  Invité Dim 9 Oct - 12:34

But what is the alternative ?
Testing on people ?
Personally, I prefer that some rats, mice or monkeys die in preference to human beings !

Animal testing has played a significant role in the past in the discovery of treatments still used today
eg
Smallpox eradication (testing on cows)
Polio eradication (testing on mouse & monkey)
Insulin (testing on dog & pig)
Tetanus vaccines (testing on horse)
Rubella vaccines (testing on monkey)
AIDS treatment (testing on monkey)

Invité
Invité

Message  pierreP Dim 9 Oct - 14:02

Hello Krystina, I agree with your statement and personnaly I don't care with the death of a rat, a guinea-pig, a dog or a cat. The death of a rat is not to be compared with the death of a human being. However, I feel concerned about the suffering of these animals and I think that the medical research will not be affected if the scientist take better into account the suffering of these animals. The death of a mosquito do not affect the biological diversity whereas the death of an elephant affects it, but it is the subject of another discussion Smile
pierreP
pierreP

Lieu : Lille (59)
Langues : Français (langue maternelle), GB, de, es

Experiments on animals Empty Re: Experiments on animals

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Oct - 16:23

Hello Krystyna, Pierre
If animal experiments are essential in medical research, why not use a medical protocol then ?
Animals are not things and suffer like men
WSPA representants should be involved in the all the practices and keep an eye on their good functionnig for the animals'sake.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es