genious Sprang up from the brain

genious Sprang up from the brain

Message  MurielB le Mer 20 Mar - 13:46

Derek Amato is truly one in a billion. He is possibly the only person in the world to have acquired musical ability after a traumatic brain injury. A severe concussion left him with the ability to play piano, an instrument he had never played before. He now plays professionally and earns his living as a musician.

Now, the music never stops. He sees it constantly streaming in front of his eyes in the form of black and white squares that compel him to play. Derek journeys to the Mayo Clinic to meet with one of the world's top neurologists to try and find a way to control the incessant stream of music: an incredible gift that is also his curse.

I do advise you to watch this video which shows how astonishing the possibilities of human brain are.
Derek Amato had never leant the piano before...

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: genious Sprang up from the brain

Message  MurielB le Jeu 21 Mar - 8:44

I have read this article in "courrier international" and i have found that amazing. Darold Treffert a famous scientist studied this savant syndrom in disabled people and people with a sudden central nervous system injury. What I find interesting is its implication for education and future research.
Savant syndrome is a rare, but extraordinary, condition in which persons with serious mental disabilities, including autistic disorder, have some ‘island of genius’ which stands in marked, incongruous contrast to overall handicap. As many as one in 10 persons with autistic disorder have such remarkable abilities in varying degrees, although savant syndrome occurs in other developmental disabilities or in other types of central nervous system injury or disease as well.

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas