The Drones Come Home

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Drones are very useful in Africa.

Message  MurielB le Ven 16 Aoû - 17:32

In its fight against the relentless slaughter of Kruger’s rhinos, the South African government is trying new, increasingly militaristic tactics, including the use of surveillance drones and army-style command of anti-poaching efforts. Will this be the year the poaching finally stops?
Hi Gérard!
Drones  are also very useful for the anti-poaching operation in Africa. This operation is confidential and secret. Rhinos are slayed for their horns which is very sad because rhinos are endangered species species.http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/africa/south-africa/130110/rhino-poaching-rhinoceros-horns-vietnam

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: The Drones Come Home

Message  gerardM le Mer 25 Sep - 17:52

(click pic to access article)
Des drones dans les quartiers nord de Marseille pour lutter contre le crime ? C'est la surprenante idée d'un certains nombre d'élus PS de la ville, nous apprend Le Monde. "Modes de surveillance alternatifs" pour les "topographies particulières que sont les cités de Marseille", ils émergent comme la nouvelle solution sécuritaire dans les Bouches-du-Rhône, avec un président du Conseil Général prêt à "mettre" un million d'euros dans cette technologie

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

drones plumb new depths vocable 576 The New York times by William Hernewitz

Message  MurielB le Jeu 26 Déc - 18:45

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/science/earth/ocean-drones-plumb-new-depths.html?_r=0

These drones are the centerpiece of “Gliderpalooza,” a collaborative ocean-survey experiment coordinated by 16 American and Canadian government agencies and research teams. By pooling their resources, including satellites, radar stations, research buoys and the gliders, the teams hope to capture the most complete picture yet of the Atlantic’s many mysterious underwater movements — from deepwater currents to migrating fish.

Admin

Message  Philippe-Henri le Jeu 26 Déc - 19:43

I’ve always been interested in oceanography and fascinated by late Jacques Cousteau’s undersea explorations. Now, while watching videos of scientists launching their yellow «gliders» off the New Jersey coast, I can’t help thinking how those underwater drones may possibly be diverted from their scientific purpose by the military and fitted out with warheads to replace expensive submarines firing torpedoes at enemy ships.

As early as today, airborne drones give rise to controversy for similar reasons.

Philippe-Henri

Philippe-Henri

Lieu : Lille
Langues : Néerlandais (Langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

Message  MurielB le Jeu 26 Déc - 21:52

Hi Henri
Anyway it is much better to use drones to explore the océans, help forecast storms and save lives than fire torpedoes at enemy ships.

Admin

Drones and privacy concerns

Message  MurielB le Jeu 12 Juin - 13:34

Citing privacy concerns, legislators throughout the country are increasingly passing laws to restrict the use of domestic drones over private land.
http://investigatemidwest.org/2014/03/21/states-restrict-drone-use-because-of-privacy-concerns/
Hi Gérard, Hi Philippe Henri
As I was reading "Science et vie" in French, I came across an article about drones and privacy. It is interesting because drones  are like invisible viewers and it is important to enjoy the benefits of drones and technology without becoming a surveillance society.
Perhaps privacy is just an illusion. What do you think ?

Admin

Message  gerardM le Jeu 12 Juin - 23:13

Muriel,

I guess your heard about Google car* (without a driver) that film everything from the streets: there were some surprises.

(*) I think we don't use the "'s" (possessive case), I don't know why.

I believe that new technologies will lead to a decreasing of privacy as a huge sector of business is based on individual data (Twitter, Google, Facebook et al).

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut