Health Problem in Food

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Health Problem in Food

Message  gerardM le Dim 5 Mai - 22:39

Hi everyone,

I'm watching "Capital" on M6.
It's about health problems in food : the program is really scary!

I'm quite sure the channel doesn't tell wrong things otherwise they would be immediately attacked by firms.

... I can hear that there is pork in minced beef!! C\'est vrai!!
I learned that it's permitted up to 1% and politicians and persons in charge in Europe are simply surprised the rate is far higher!! affraid

Dernière édition par gerardM le Dim 5 Mai - 22:46, édité 1 fois

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Health Problem in Food

Message  gerardM le Dim 5 Mai - 22:45

When will Europe adopt American legislation??

I mean, in France, (roughly) something that is not forbidden is permitted!
... this way, manufacturers get round laws and just claim it was not written, hence it was permitted (sure that new technologies and technics cannot be included in old laws).

In the US, manufacturer are responsible for what they do. They must insure their products are safe full point. They can be charged for what they did decades ago.

gerardM

Message  gerardM le Mar 14 Mai - 19:50

Hi everyone,

A problem I've been hearing about for décades!

-> Salt: The Forgotten Killer... and FDA's Failure to Protect the Public's Health
Salt, at the levels present in the diets of most people around the world, is probably the single most harmful substance in the food supply. Salt is used liberally in many processed foods and restaurant meals, with some meals containing far more than a day's worth of sodium.
Consuming more salt tends to increase blood pressure and the risk of heart attacks, strokes, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease.
Recommendations
  • Consumers should choose less-salty foods.
  • Food manufacturers and restaurants should use as little salt as possible in their products.
  • Government should:
    • set gradually declining limits on the salt content of foods that provide the most salt to the average diet
    • encourage food manufacturers and restaurants to voluntarily use less salt
    • require chain restaurants to put warning notices on their menus, menu boards and brochures for foods and meals that are extra high in sodium.
    • improve labeling of packaged foods to highlight those that are high in salt

-> (Feb 2005) 'Forgotten Killer' Salt Kills 150,000 a Year, Says CSPI Report
-> (French by Libé) Etats-Unis: l’alimentation trop salée responsable de 150.000 morts par an

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Mer 15 Mai - 9:14

Let's cut down on salt then ! That was easier said than done. Sad

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM le Mer 15 Mai - 16:19

Hi Muriel,

Everyone is not at the head of Fleury-Michon or similar, so they cannot easily give instructions, nor to the cook of the restaurants.

gerardM

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut