Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The washington post and American political functioning.

2 participants

The washington post and American political functioning.  Empty The washington post and American political functioning.

Message  MurielB Jeu 6 Juin - 19:01

The Washington post is one of America's biggest newspapers. It is a bit easier to read than the New York Times, a little bit more user friendly and the articles are shorter. What the Washington post says is very close to what is really happening because all the politics are in Washington of course.
In England, when something wrong happens, you turn to your member of parliament (your local MP) while in America you turn to a government agency (Food and drug administration or FBI).
In America you have the congress man : the man who represents you but when there is a problem you never go to him
As I have already told you I like listening to Vocable when I am doing my house chores and I was happy knowing about that. Anyway, this vocable is not recent and may be things have changed a bit. If you know more, you are welcome to let us know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Post
The Washington Post (WP) is an American daily newspaper. It is the most widely circulated newspaper published in Washington, D.C., and oldest extant in the area, founded in 1877.

Located in the capital city of the United States, the newspaper has a particular emphasis on national politics. Daily editions are printed for the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. The newspaper is published as a broadsheet, with photographs printed both in color and in black and white

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The washington post and American political functioning.  Empty Re: The washington post and American political functioning.

Message  gerardM Jeu 6 Juin - 22:01

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

I don't have anything to add except that I like the Washington Post much. It's easy to find articles on the Internet.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas