How to educate a child to become broad-minded ?

How to educate a child to become broad-minded ?

Message  MurielB le Jeu 25 Juil - 22:48

I have read this issue in a previous vocable of mine and found this conversation very interesting;
It is important that our children (or grandchildren) see leaders of all shapes and colours, African barbies as well as European ones, fat people in office as well as thin people in office, people with different opinions in positions, I wish  they could grow up in a multicultural world. Children should  find around them inspiring models who look like them, even in books and even in dolls. I have never seen a fat Barbie and I would like to see one. Diversity is not just about race but about beliefs, tastes when there is respect and understanding for the others.

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: How to educate a child to become broad-minded ?

Message  gerardM le Ven 26 Juil - 11:20

Hi Muriel,

Right but...
When watching other people "in position", we see what we want to.

Thus, nowadays' youngsters can see top models and singers, soccer players and drug dealers but rarely scientists and industrials.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas