Le "rêve" de Martin Luther King a 50 ans

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Le "rêve" de Martin Luther King a 50 ans

Message  gerardM le Dim 25 Aoû - 23:38

Hi everyone,

-> Le "rêve" de Martin Luther King a 50 ans
Cinquante ans plus tard, les mots ont toujours la même force. Des dizaine de milliers d'Américains ont célébré samedi à Washington les cinquante ans du célèbre discours de Martin Luther King, "I have a dream" ("Je fais un rêve"), sur les droits civiques. Pendant plusieurs heures, la foule, en majorité des Noirs, s'est massée sous un ciel bleu autour du bassin faisant face au mémorial de l'ancien président Abraham Lincoln, là où, le 28 août 1963, le pasteur a prononcé son allocution historique contre la ségrégation.
Any comments?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Le "rêve" de Martin Luther King a 50 ans

Message  MurielB le Lun 26 Aoû - 9:37

Yes Gerard, the American dream gradually filtrates through our world. The president of the United States is black, apartheid no longer exists. Everything is not perfect of course, how can man change in so little time? 50 years is really short but I believe that evolution will go in the right direction Very Happy

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  Remy le Lun 26 Aoû - 13:33

Hi Muriel, Gérard, everyone,

yes, and the next country to emerge is not a country but a continent : Africa, which should replace China as the world's factory soon.
Even if the trend seems to be towards the re-localisation of factories in the West...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

I have a dream! - Martin Luther King 1963

Message  Philippe-Henri le Mer 28 Aoû - 22:07

MurielB a écrit:Yes Gerard, the American dream gradually filtrates through our world. The president of the United States is black, apartheid no longer exists. Everything is not perfect of course, how can man change in so little time? 50 years is really short but I believe that evolution will go in the right direction Very Happy
Today, 25 th August, I celebrated the great Martin Luther King and his address «I have a dream», exactly fifty years ago, on 25 th August 1963. I remember that day as if it were only yesterday. His message was broadcasted all over the world. Should anyone feel like, he can view the whole TV report at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smEqnnklfYs

Philippe Henri

Philippe-Henri

Lieu : Lille
Langues : Néerlandais (Langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

Message  gerardM le Mer 28 Aoû - 22:22

Thanks for the link Philippe-Henri.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB le Mer 28 Aoû - 23:40

Barack Obama a salué la mémoire de ces hommes et de ces femmes qui ont marché en 1963 et qui ont "prié pour leurs oppresseurs" plutôt que de les haïr
Gérard, Henri qu'en pense le président Barack Obama ?
http://www.franceinfo.fr/monde/barack-obama-la-marche-de-martin-luther-king-a-rendu-l-amerique-plus-libre-1122889-2013-08-28

Admin

I have a dream

Message  Philippe-Henri le Jeu 29 Aoû - 12:00

[quote="MurielB"]
Barack Obama a salué la mémoire de ces hommes et de ces femmes qui ont marché en 1963 et qui ont "prié pour leurs oppresseurs" plutôt que de les haïr
Gérard, Henri qu'en pense le président Barack Obama ?

To Muriel and Gérard

Both Obama and King’s daughter delivered a fabulous speech in N.Y. yesterday on the celebration of M.L.K’s «I have a dream» of fifty years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CMyMiqO0QGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zpJx9sWPLLk

Ms. King, although a passionate speaker, read out a paper on her lectern. On the other hand, Obama showed his natural ability to address the crowd off the cuff. He’s a great, skillful orator, with a remarkable talent for improvising.

What does Obama really think of M.L.K’s message? Well, King lived in a world of flower power. Time had come to wipe the slate clean of centuries of black slavery, oppression and discrimination at home. Obama and his immediate predecessors, for their part, are politicians facing a world of international conflicts, violence, war and massacres outside the U.S.A. (Vietnam, Chili, Afghanistan, Cambodia, Iraq, Bosnia, Egypt and − currently − the whole Middle-East). So whatever he may have thought, yesterday, of how people in the American sixties dealt with negroes and latino’s, I believe he’s better things to do today. If his eloquence is successful in sweeping crowds along at Lincoln Memorial, he’s still quarrelling with his own Congress over stringent home and foreign policy issues.

Muriel, does this answer your question?

Philippe-Henri

Philippe-Henri

Lieu : Lille
Langues : Néerlandais (Langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

Message  MurielB le Jeu 29 Aoû - 21:18

"Loving Your Enemies” is a 1957 King sermon based on one of the most famous passages from the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5:43-48. Here is that passage:
You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Thank you Henri for your answer !  Of course it is important to inquire further into the subject to understand Obama's view point. I should have written in English. here are a few words from Martin Luther king about forgiveness

Admin

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut