Americans suffer from inadequate foreign language education

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Americans suffer from inadequate foreign language education

Message  gerardM le Mer 9 Oct - 23:28

Hi everyone,

-> (The Daily Texan) Americans suffer from inadequate foreign language education
The United States is largely monolingual. In fact, only about 15-20 percent of Americans consider themselves bilingual, compared to 56 percent of Europeans surveyed in 2006 by the European Commission. This difference is problematic for a number of reasons, especially on the 40 Acres, where we like to think that “what starts here, changes the world.”
Any comment?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Americans suffer from inadequate foreign language education

Message  MurielB le Jeu 10 Oct - 18:54

Hi Gérard everyone
  Americans suffer from inadequate foreign language education  In internet, more than 90% of the websites are written and created in English. And even when you see some sites in other languages, they also give you the option to translate into English. Why bother themselves with learning an other language ?

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Re: Americans suffer from inadequate foreign language education

Message  MurielB le Ven 11 Oct - 8:38

It's true that language-learning is time-consuming . Once you have chosen to learn a language you have to keep learning it all your life. I hope one day Europe will be interesting enough for the Americans to start learning our languages. I keep my fingers crossed for that.

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut