Latinos and startup launching vocable 671 ASCD)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Latinos and startup launching vocable 671 ASCD)

Message  MurielB le Sam 26 Oct - 20:41

This is not the right kind of 1- percenter.

Less than 1 percent of venture-backed startups feature a Latino founder or co-founder, according to the San Jose Mercury News. That's why Google is backing an effort to help "Latinos break into tech startups."
out of a hundred entrepeneurs in Silicon valley there is just one Latino. That's why Google is backing an effort to help "Latinos break into tech startups."Despite a strong work ethic, young Latino tech leaders say that parents "tend to urge their children to land steady jobs" rather than dabble in the high-risk tech arena

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/tech/Google-Starts-Tech-Incubator-for-Latinos-223049501.html
I have just read an article about Latino eduction crisis and I think it is important to give them confidence.
http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/feb10/vol67/num05/The-Latino-Education-Crisis.aspx

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 8 Nov - 14:00, édité 2 fois

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Latinos and startup launching vocable 671 ASCD)

Message  gerardM le Sam 26 Oct - 22:25

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

I'm not totally surprised.
You give the answer: 'parents "tend to urge their children to land steady jobs"'

Isn't it or wasn't it similar for the French compared to Germans? More small companies in Germany.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  Remy le Lun 28 Oct - 21:03

Hi everyone,

for latinos, it's perhaps a question of social level; when you have the opportunity to escape from poverty, you are not eager to take the risk of creation

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM le Lun 28 Oct - 21:14

Hi Rémy,

Nowadays, more and more jobless people choose to create their own job starting a company: after months at "Pôle Emploi" they have nothing else to lose. On the opposite, even without success in their enterprise, trying is a good line on a Résumé, indeed better than the same time as jobless status (on a Résumé) - trying to launch a company is very rich in experience.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  Remy le Mar 29 Oct - 7:58

Hi Gerard,

I'm convinced that creating a business is a terrific experience. But , some years ago in France, when you wanted to do that, whereas you had a good diploma, people looked at you, surprised : "why create a company ? you'd better make a business training" , in order to manage a existant company. Fortunately, things are changing.
For "unskilled" people, creation can be a means to escape from unemployment, but it demands to manage on your own with papers, and few of them are able to do so. Moreover, they can loose the few money they have, so...
Today in France, banks take no risk. The Creator is alone to take some risk, with the State.

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut