Trip to Poland

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

"Trip -Poland 2009"

Message  MarineL le Ven 29 Nov - 22:03

Hello Muriel !

When I went for my first trip to Poland ( few years before I moved there ), it was just amazing. I went there in the winter, it was freezing, but Polish people just warmed my heart. I was in a Polish family, they cared so much and showed me lot of things. However, the stereotypes about the French... They bought me a bottle of wine for lunch, so at 11 a.m.-noon, I was drinking wine. :/
They were just so polite ! I did not understand any word in their language, apart how to ask for vodka at the bar and very basic things. I was ashamed, as all the family learned few French words just for me !
Poland has a beautiful architecture, I enjoyed going to Gdansk, with colorful houses ( green, pink, and other ). The Royal Castle in Warsaw is beautiful and they have a great Christmas market not far from there, with food and goods from around the world !
Polish people are very helpful and if you ask for directions, they won't hesitate to bring you to the destination.
Olsztyn is a nice town ( only in summer, because in winter, even if it is beautiful, it is really freezing. In Warmia i Mazury, and around Olsztyn, there are over a thousand lakes, which is great for relaxing in summer, or sometimes in autumn for nice walks ( I got attacked by ducks Sad).
Poland has a huge history, not only the post WW2, and they still have lots of medival castles. Well I can still tell a lot more about Poland. And other trips in Europe !

( Muriel, I thought you just have been posting on it, asking us to share our experiences, but it seems you took it off ? That's why I just answered.. )

MarineL

Lieu : United Kingdom
Langues : French (Langue maternelle), English, German

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

"Trip -Poland 2009"

Message  MurielB le Ven 29 Nov - 22:19

Thank you Marine for writing about Poland. I wrote 2010 but I am not sure if it's right. Is it true ?

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 29 Nov - 23:08, édité 1 fois

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Trip to Poland

Message  MarineL le Ven 29 Nov - 22:51

Hello Muriel ! The first time I have been there was in 2009, just in the region of the Tricity, plus Torun and I have been to a concentration camp as well.
I have been several times afterwards, but I have been to Warsaw and Olsztyn ( and other places ) in 2012-2013.

MarineL

Lieu : United Kingdom
Langues : French (Langue maternelle), English, German

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut