Am. Culture - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Am. Culture - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

Message  gerardM le Dim 12 Jan - 16:50

Hi everyone,

Did you hear about "The Big Texan Steak Ranch"?
Address: 7701 Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX 79118
Phone:(806) 372-1000
Schedule: Mondays-Sundays 08:30 – 22:30
Located in Amarillo, Texas, is a special restaurant, a steakhouse restaurant:
The Big Texan Steak Ranch is a steakhouse restaurant and motel located in Amarillo, Texas, United States which opened on the previous U.S. Route 66 in the 4500 block of East Amarillo Boulevard in 1960 and moved to its present location on Interstate 40 in 1970. Fire gutted the west wing of the restaurant in 1976 and destroyed $100,000 in antiques. The restaurant reopened as a larger facility in 1977. The building is painted a bright yellow, with blue trim. A large cow statue advertises their free 72 oz. steak (see below). The now-closed Texas Tornado Museum resided off in a far corner of the parking lot on the property

Amarillo, Texas is located on the famous Route 66 at equal distance between both borders with Oklahoma and New Mexico.
Beyond the long history of this "Big Texan Steak Ranch" What's special is that everyone can eat a 2 kg / 72 Oz. steak for free provided they can eat it within an hour. ;)Good luck but many managed and the top duration is under 9 minutes!! Wink
3/24/08 Joey Chestnut 8:52 mins 220 24 Vellejo, CA. There is a new champ in town!

-> (Wikipedia) The Big Texan Steak Ranch
-> The Big Texan
-> The 72oz Steak Rules
-> THE 72oz HALL OF FAME 36 page list since 1991 - list is being re-created after it was destroyed by fire in 1976 then by water in 1991.

Everything is big in Texas!

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Am. Culture - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

Message  MurielB le Dim 12 Jan - 22:44

9 minutes to eat a 2 kg/72 OZ is unbelievable !

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM le Dim 12 Jan - 23:24

Hi Muriel,

3/24/08 Joey Chestnut 8:52 mins 220 24 Vellejo, CA. There is a new champ in town!
You're exaggerating: it's not 9 min it's 8:52 min; within 8 seconds he would eat 2 -3 ice creams Wink

This is the highscore. Second and third times were also very impressive and lots of people could eat the steak in less than 1 hour: 2 managed since Jan 1, 2014.

gerardM

Message  JeanPierreD le Lun 13 Jan - 15:21

2 kg / 72 Oz of meat, perhaps usefull for people working out regularly in the gym and lifting heavy weights, but for ordinary people .. I knew that in the States everything was big and huge .. the roads, the cars, the skyscrapers...
JeanPierreD

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM le Lun 13 Jan - 15:42

Jean-Pierre,

I don't have the best experience, but even hypermarket parking lots are huge and I never had a problem to find empty locations for the car... even in the center of San Francisco.

Everything is Big in the US!

gerardM

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut