Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality

2 participants

The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality  Empty The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality

Message  gerardM Mar 14 Jan - 14:31

Hi everyone,

-> The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality
You're going on a family road trip with your adult siblings. Which of these three scenarios sounds most like you?

1. You've been planning it for weeks, secured the hotel rooms, made restaurant reservations, had the car's oil changed and have a tank full of gas -- and you've mapped out rest stops along the way.

2. You've been rushing all morning trying to get things together, eventually throwing snacks and clothes haphazardly into your bags at the last minute. If you're the one driving, you hope you can find a gas station and fill up your half-empty tank on the road.

3. Family trip? Sounds like fun! You're just along for the ride with no pre-planned contributions except your entertaining funny stories and jokes. You enjoy the snacks your older siblings have packed in the car, and you realize you might need to buy a weather-appropriate coat when you arrive to your destination.

If #1 sounds familiar, you are likely the eldest child.

If the second scenario describes you well, you are probably the middle child.

If you relate the most to the third scenario, then you are most likely the baby of the family.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality  Empty Re: The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality

Message  MurielB Mer 15 Jan - 22:23

Hi Gérard
I am also sure that the birth order is important. I wouldn't say that characters are as standardized as the example but the position in the family matters a great deal !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality  Empty Re: The Achiever, the Peacemaker and the Life of the Party: How Birth Order Affects Personality

Message  gerardM Mer 15 Jan - 23:01

Yes Muriel, I'm convinced as well.

I was less on the back of my elder son than on the 2nd's back so that while I was pushing my elder regarding tennis I didn't see the younger become better LOL I "disgusted" my elder with my stress, the other was improving his game quietly.
Not the same character and it's similar to the example of tennis.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 16 Jan - 22:35

Yes Gérard, it is not easy not to be on a child's back. You want to help and you are like miss Helpful in Mr men books. She tries to help everyone but ends up making everything worse. I was like that with my children sometimes. Nobody is perfect. Just stay a fairly good mother or father. That's it. Fortunately love will save everything.   : lovincrowne:

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 16 Jan - 23:05

Muriel,
My 2 sons are different but each one is happy: no problem. I mean I didn't damage any.

I love and applied the words written in this beloved poem: On Children (a poem I know in French Under the title "Le prophète".
I just had to help my sons find their hopes and so do I with my granddaughter.

gerardM

Message  Invité Sam 8 Fév - 22:30

Hi Gérard and Muriel,
Interesting article !
I am the eldest of four kids, and definitely would call myself "The Achiever" ... always well-organised and reliable, and responsible for others.
However, I regard it as a curse !
I would much prefer to be The Life of the Party and not care about rules and responsibilities, but unfortunately I cannot change.
Ho hum ...

Invité
Invité

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Fév - 0:07

krystyna a écrit: "The Achiever" ... always well-organised and reliable, and responsible for others.
Hi Krytyna !
I think it 's good to be like that. Any way it is also important to let go and relax (if you can ! )

MurielB
MurielB
Admin