When algorithms grow accustomed to your face(face-reading technology raises privacy concerns) the New York times vocable 679

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

When algorithms grow accustomed to your face(face-reading technology raises privacy concerns) the New York times vocable 679

Message  MurielB le Mer 29 Jan - 22:51

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/technology/when-algorithms-grow-accustomed-to-your-face.html?_r=0

People often reveal their private emotions in tiny, fleeting facial expressions, visible only to a best friend — or to a skilled poker player. Now, computer software is using frame-by-frame video analysis to read subtle muscular changes that flash across our faces in milliseconds, signaling emotions like happiness, sadness and disgust.

Any way, face-reading technology raises privacy concerns. More and more society' s interactions are video taped and we always feel that "Big brother is watching us" all the more so that, now,we can't even hide our feelings.
What do you think ?

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: When algorithms grow accustomed to your face(face-reading technology raises privacy concerns) the New York times vocable 679

Message  gerardM le Jeu 30 Jan - 12:57

Hi Muriel,

I guess we have to do with.
We have to live with technology discoveries... how about voluntarily make faces so that the cameras get mad Laughing(draw the tongue, laugh loudly...)? How do cameras deal with lies?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut