Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Manchester Polyglot Café

Manchester Polyglot Café Empty Manchester Polyglot Café

Message  Invité Jeu 11 Déc - 19:56

Good Evening Everyone,

We have few different polyglots meetings in Manchester.

The most regular meeting is just outside the city centre, every Wednesday from 8pm GMT. Smile

Most of the people are students, young professionals. They come to improve their English, mostly.

We have people from England, France, Italy, Greece, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Mongolia, Spain, Iran, Poland, Germany, Norway... And probably others that I forgot to mention. We sit with people as we want, there is no really organisation. We like to sit all together, or by languages.

I was speaking French, English and German yesterday. French with two people from Asian countries. English with people from China and Hong Kong. German with an English person.

All of this had an interesting combination, you could hear lots of languages around and it is really good.

All of this happens there :

Salford Arms
146 Chapel St
Salford
M3 6AF

It is just outside Manchester City centre ( just few minutes walk ), close from Salford Central train station or Market Street tram stop.

The event is free and the pub supplies free tapas between 7:45 and 8:30pm, but they do ask us to purchase a minimum of one drink per person; this can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

There is a Facebook group, but no website. The Facebook group is for exchange partners or events communication ( it is easier to create an event and invite everyone ).

See you soon everyone,

Marine

Invité
Invité

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Manchester Polyglot Café Empty Re: Manchester Polyglot Café

Message  MurielB Jeu 11 Déc - 21:38

Hi Marine !
I am so happy to hear about that ! All that seems great ! If you like I will insert your Manchester polyglot cafe in our Map.
What is their Facbook name ? thanks a lot for letting us know Very Happy

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  Invité Jeu 11 Déc - 23:55

Hi Muriel !

Of course, you can insert it on the map ! Our polyglot world is growing bit by bit... Smile

Here is the Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/185093664933371/?fref=ts

There are a few others in Manchester, you can see it on : http://www.meetup.com/

You could even insert the Calais one on Meetup, maybe some tourists would see it while in Calais, and they would surely come ! Smile

See you xx

Invité
Invité

Message  MurielB Ven 12 Déc - 10:13

Hi Marine !
Ok I have put Manchester polyglot in our map. We can't use "meet up" because in "meet up" we have to pay ! Our concept is totally free.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Invité Ven 12 Déc - 21:10

Good Evening,

Sorry Muriel, I did not know that this website charges. Sorry about that. Smile
As a member, I know you can join groups for free. The website itself is quite good, especially for meetings in Manchester or the borough.

Does the Calais Polyglot Café have a Facebook page ? Maybe there are other places on the internet to advertise and bring more people in our meetings, or on the forum ! Smile

Invité
Invité

Message  MurielB Ven 12 Déc - 21:19

Yes Marine we have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/amisdescafespolyglottes
and also a group for the northern France polyglot cafés https://www.facebook.com/groups/cafepolyglotte/

MurielB
MurielB
Admin