Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel

3 participants

A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel Empty A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel

Message  JeanPierreD Mar 7 Avr - 15:20

During my last stay in Paris I went to the Philharmonie of Paris , a new concert hall created by the famous  French architect Jean Nouvel, dedicated to music, classical as well as modern.
It is  located in Parc la Villette, North-East of Paris, on the edge of the Périphérique.
We heard a lot on the occasion of its opening in January and after, because Jean Nouvel sued again the Townhall of Paris and the State, complaining that the building has been opened before being fully completed, changes (in order mainly to cut costs) have been made again his will etc. But even before there has been a lot of controversy about the increasing cost ( twice the original budget) the delays etc…  
The building, as we can see in the photograph is made of a maximum of steel, and other « cold », « hard », materials which totally fit the goal of the architect, to make something futuristic. I loved it .
Those who don’t like it, say, it’s like « smokeless ruins of a crumpled intergalactic crash site ! »

It fits quite well this place next to the Christian de Portzamparc’s Cité de la Musique, right next door and opposite the Conservatoire de Paris music and dance. This place is symbolic , the impressive cultural ensemble claims  to be the cultural bridge between Paris and her underprivileged suburbs .
That means that this place is open to all kinds of music and all kinds of publics . As an exemple, it hosts currently the extraordinary touring exhibition curated by the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, « David Bowie is ».

A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel Paris-13
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel Empty Re: A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel

Message  MurielB Mar 7 Avr - 22:03

Jean-Pierre a écrit:all kinds of music and all kinds of publics
very good ! :-)

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel Empty Re: A new concert hall in Paris : the Philharmony by Jean Nouvel

Message  JeanPierreD Mer 8 Avr - 10:06

I am very happy, to be able now to put a signature at the bottom of my messages, and to add pictures, I made some practice with Florian during the 11th salon des Langues in Dunkerques, I will thank him warmly for it...
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Message  Admin Jeu 9 Avr - 23:13

Jean Pierre, what a nice picture you put in Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Message  JeanPierreD Mar 14 Avr - 21:24

thanks to you Florent !
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD