Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

+2
MurielB
gerardM
6 participants

Page 8 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  MurielB Dim 21 Mai - 23:53

Gérard, you know that elderly homes are well organized and nurses will be there to take care of us. They will call the doctor for us. The cats or dogs will be our friends if our family lets us down.  We won't need a bot, a fake friend.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Empty Re: Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Mai - 0:05

what about the soul ? isn't it essencial in a person ?
the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 22 Mai - 0:10

I intend to stay home till the end, so I'll need a bot.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Mai - 0:18

I agree that it is better to stay at home and I would like somebody to do the housework and that somebody could be my friend too.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Empty Could We Hack Our Brains to Gain New Senses?

Message  gerardM Lun 22 Mai - 14:21

Howdy.

Futurism

Technology is making it possible to experience the world in new ways.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Safe_image.php?d=AQDfySbTmVkSCSzw&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F10%2Fhacking-senses-600x315

Could We Hack Our Brains to Gain New Senses?
FUTURISM.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Mai - 15:43

Gérard has a bot a psyche ?
Jung describes the psyche in that way
http://www.thesap.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ModelofPsyche.pdf

Jung writes: ‘By psyche I understand the totality of all psychic processes, conscious as well as unconscious’,

The hidden part of the iceberg is essential because "we can't see with our eyes what is important in a person !"I wouldn't like to be surrounded by fake people affraid because it is frightening.

For me a robot is just a useful machine. People like Jung have taught me a lot more because thanks to them I understand more what is important.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Mai - 22:19

Yes In the near future, cyborg technology will become commonplace throughout the society and this technology will increase our potential in various fields. OK for the handicapped but will it make the ordinary people happier ? That's the big question.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Empty New chips could allow computers to mimic the brains of mammals.

Message  gerardM Lun 22 Mai - 22:28

Howdy.

Seeker

New chips could allow computers to mimic the brains of mammals.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Safe_image.php?d=AQAMPMauKDq8kaR7&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets3.thrillist.com%2Fv1%2Fimage%2F2642990%2Fsize%2Ftmg-facebook_social

New Computer Chips That ‘See’ Data Will Enable Energy-Efficient Supercomputers
Drawing inspiration from how mammalian brains process sight, researchers have found a way to mimic the functions of biological neural net...
SEEKER.COM

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 22 Mai - 22:31

Muriel, happiness is something relative.
To be happy, people have to get adapted to their present environment, any time.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 22 Mai - 22:51

I agree with what you have said but I would like to add Something about happiness.
http://www.pursuit-of-happiness.org/history-of-happiness/mihaly-csikszentmihalyi/

The best moments in our lives are not the passive, receptive, relaxing times… The best moments usually occur if a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile." 

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Empty Robot-augmented humans are officially walking the Earth

Message  gerardM Mar 23 Mai - 18:02

Howdy.

Futurism

Robot-augmented humans are officially walking the Earth.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Safe_image.php?d=AQDxDcycHQEyzj_T&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2Fhyundai-wearable-robot-2016-05-13-03-1-600x315

(Un)Becoming Human: Tech-Augmented Human Workers Have Arrived
FUTURISM.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 23 Mai - 22:54

when there are great benefits of robots to humans why not ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 24 Mai - 0:05

MurielB a écrit:when there are great benefits of robots to humans why not ?
What if they got rid of humans?
When we see WannaCry and Isis, we can predict robots will dominate humans.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 24 Mai - 16:29

Gérard I don't think so because what is important in a human being is invisible and it is the essential part.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4217602/
We describe similarities in the ontology of quantum physics and of Carl Gustav Jung’s psychology. In spite of the fact that physics and psychology are usually considered as unrelated, in the last century, both of these disciplines have led at the same time to revolutionary changes in the Western understanding of the cosmic order, discovering a non-empirical realm of the universe that doesn’t consist of material things but of forms. These forms are real, even though they are invisible, because they have the potential to appear in the empirical world and act in it

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 24 Mai - 17:02

gerardM a écrit:
MurielB a écrit:when there are great benefits of robots to humans why not ?
What if they got rid of humans?
When we see WannaCry and Isis, we can predict robots will dominate humans.
Whatever Jung may have said, I guess robots will try to get rid of humans.
A bot behaves after what a coder wrote even tho' it will learn from experience, or at least, behave till the limits written by a human.
I refer to Wannacry and Isis to point out that there will always be a few barbarians to program bots according to their own wills and aims.

It is bloody easy to crack protection of banks and steal lots of money!
It would be easy to get a bot to kill a patient on surgery.
It will be easy to take over a car on the freeway, take it to high speed and blackmail the driver!
It will be so easy to program or reprogram robots to aim their weapons at "good guys".
The only protections nowadays are ethical ones, that's all.

Dernière édition par gerardM le Jeu 25 Mai - 14:25, édité 1 fois (Raison : typo)

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 24 Mai - 17:18

Muriel, here's a web page you'll be interested in.

Futurism

We need a federal robotics agency to nurture this growing industry and protect the country.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Safe_image.php?d=AQCpA_9k6YI9-tPw&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F02%2Frobotics-600x315

If We Don't Regulate Automation, It Could Decimate the U.S. Economy
FUTURISM.COM
This web site is not mine but it's what I meant: "If We Don't Regulate Automation, It Could Decimate the U.S. Economy".

NB: I don't have much consideration for that "Futurism" org.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mer 24 Mai - 17:26

Want another one?

Futurism

The world is transitioning to a new kind of policing.

Drones, robots, Cyborgs intelligent machines - Page 8 Safe_image.php?d=AQATUy-DxhkrxUWX&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffuturism.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FDubai_Police_34-600x315

Dubai Wants Robots to Make up 25% of Its Police Force by 2030
FUTURISM.COM

NB: Okay I'll stop forwarding articles by "Futurism" as I consider them as lames.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 24 Mai - 23:06

Gérard a écrit:The only protections nowadays are ethical ones, that's all.
I agree with that and I believe that ethics will win.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 25 Mai - 14:28

MurielB a écrit:
Gérard a écrit:The only protections nowadays are ethical ones, that's all.
I agree with that and I believe that ethics will win.
It'll be difficult to regulate worldwide...

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 28 Mai - 22:32

Gérard I have just heard that the only possibility if we want ethical protection against robots are the cyborgs. When a human being's brain is connected to a robot, that cyborg remains human and it is just what we want don't we ? Robot-aumented humans are good.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Lun 29 Mai - 12:56, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Lun 29 Mai - 6:55

In that way the robots will never overtake in intelligence those aumented human beings (The cyborgs)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 29 Mai - 16:00

Muriel, I wrote a few words about "hackers" so that imo your words are irrelevant... "hackers" don't follow any logic.

NB: I write "hachers" between brackets because a "hacker" is simply a talented it guy... people think hakers are nasty but the word I should have used is "cracker" or ""black hat", the ones that like to destroy and hurt.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 29 Mai - 16:29

Let's believe in the power of thought then. It will lead us to a more ethical and fraternal world

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 30 Mai - 0:25

MurielB a écrit:Let's believe in the power of thought then. It will lead us to a more ethical and fraternal world
Are you relying on Isis?.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 30 Mai - 14:50

Gérard i believe there is no thought in a robot but there is thought in a robot-aumented human. we are all aumented : glasses,hearing aids,pacemakers etc.
The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.
~ Norman Vincent Peale

A human psyche can activate the world around.him.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 8 sur 10 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant