space conquest

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

space conquest - Page 2 Empty Re: space conquest

Message  gerardM le Sam 19 Sep - 15:21

... why not transform CO2 into C and O2 ie get rid of Carbon dioxide?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  MurielB le Dim 20 Sep - 21:31

Yes it could make us live in space but  also it could transform cities and make buildings capable of generating their own oxygen.  The prospects for the future are not that bleak !

Merci pour votre réponse. Connectez vous (cliquez sur "connexion" et insérez "mot de passe" et "nom d’utilisateur") puis cliquez sur “répondre “ Pour avoir vos identifiants, inscrivez-vous  sur le forum www.cafe-polyglotte.com et pour tout autre question envoyez un mail : muriel.bercez@gmail.com ou =>PRESENTATION (Mode d'emploi du forum)=>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

space conquest - Page 2 Empty The U.S. Should Lead the World away from a Space War

Message  gerardM le Sam 7 Nov - 19:30

Howdy.

Scientific American magazine

World powers need to act now to declare space a demilitarized zone.

space conquest - Page 2 Safe_image.php?d=AQAvvMWSlO4ys2_5&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Fsciam%2Fcache%2Ffile%2F6FB861C7-F7B3-4FAD-AD2F0037E2DE62C8

The U.S. Should Lead the World away from a Space War
Superpowers are flexing military muscles in orbit, but the U.S. can lead the world away from a planetary disaster.
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR THE EDITORS

gerardM

space conquest - Page 2 Empty space conquest

Message  gerardM le Dim 8 Nov - 10:30

Bad News for Terraforming: Mars's Atmosphere Is Lost in Space

Howdy.

Scientific American magazine

The hopes of turning Mars into a more Earth-like planet have taken a hit.

space conquest - Page 2 Safe_image.php?d=AQDPcPRto1CuvEtr&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Fsciam%2Fcache%2Ffile%2F5644139A-C2D1-4C13-BCAF58DA2714189C

Bad News for Terraforming: Mars's Atmosphere Is Lost in Space
New data from NASA's MAVEN mission reveals most of the Red Planet's atmosphere was stripped away image: Mars.
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR MIKE WALL,SPACE.COM
gerardM
gerardM

Message  MurielB le Dim 8 Nov - 22:43

Hi Gérard, everyone !
I didn't know the expression "to take a hit" and I wanted to share what I have found on the internet
"Take the hit" can mean a pragmatic acceptance of a bad situation, usually financial. It's akin to 'absorb the blow'.

Merci pour votre réponse. Connectez vous (cliquez sur "connexion" et insérez "mot de passe" et "nom d’utilisateur") puis cliquez sur “répondre “ Pour avoir vos identifiants, inscrivez-vous  sur le forum www.cafe-polyglotte.com et pour tout autre question envoyez un mail : muriel.bercez@gmail.com ou =>PRESENTATION (Mode d'emploi du forum)=>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM le Dim 8 Nov - 23:33

Thanks Muriel! Fortunately we can count on you to give us explanations. Smile

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Lun 9 Nov - 21:41

You are welcome ! I love searching on the internet !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

space conquest - Page 2 Empty Scientists achieve major milestone in making Mars habitable

Message  gerardM le Ven 28 Avr - 23:07

Howdy.

Seeker

Researchers explain that it should be possible to turn Martian soil into brick by doing little more than applying some pressure.

space conquest - Page 2 Safe_image.php?d=AQA_hxjYQuAlBcx7&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fimages%2Fdims3%2FGLOB%2Fcrop%2F5473x3591%2B846%2B5%2Fresize%2F1028x675%21%2Fformat%2Fjpg%2Fquality%2F85%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fo.aolcdn

Scientists achieve major milestone in making Mars habitable
If humans ever stay on Mars long-term, chances are we'll need to be able to build structures without having to ship materials 50 million miles from Earth.
AOL.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Mer 19 Sep - 17:25

yes

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

space conquest - Page 2 Empty Want to go to space? Here are your options

Message  MurielB le Sam 6 Oct - 10:40

https://futurism.com/want-go-space-options
Initially, the cost of a ride on one of these rockets will be hundreds of thousands of dollars at a minimum. That puts the experience within reach of only the wealthiest people. But advances in rocket and capsule design are expected to lower the price to the point that people of more modest fortunes are able to afford a ticket.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB le Sam 6 Oct - 11:02

Do you think space travel could be a solution to pollution problems ? today pollution is a very important problem in the world. Around us there is lots of rubbish,water is unhealthy and air not very clean. The privileged constantly search for new  experiences and maybe, one day, these expensive travel trips will help mankind to settle in another planet.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2