The Best Diet for Your Brain

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Message  gerardM le Mar 16 Fév - 0:12

Howdy.

Scientific American magazine

Research indicates that traditional diets from the Mediterranean, Scandinavia and Japan help to preserve our psychological and cognitive well-being.
[This article is for 
[/url]Scientific American MIND subscribers. A preview is available. Buy the digital issue or subscribe to read more.]

The field of nutritional psychiatry is taking off as scientists home in on the ingredients for good mental health and cognitive staying power
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: The Best Diet for Your Brain

Message  gerardM le Mar 16 Fév - 0:22

Hi everyone,

There was no link attached to the pic in previest post as it led to commercial (a book to buy).

Here's an interesting article -> Eat Smart for a Healthier Brain

~~ edit
I didn't know the word "odds"!
I didn't know about -odd as a suffix!

- blueberries -antioxidant- (1 cup a day in any forms)
- wild salmon -omega-3- (sardines, herring) ('-ounce serving 2-3 times a week))
- nuts ans seeds -vitamin E- (an ounce a day of walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, filberts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seed, and unhydrogenated nut butters such as peanut butter, almond butter, and tahini)
- avocados -monounsaturated fat- (just 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado to one daily meal)
- whole grains - cardiovascular health- (1/2 cup of whole-grain cereal, 1 slice of bread two-thee times day, or 2 tablespoons of wheat germ a day)
- beans -stabilizes glucose- (1/2 cup every day)
- pomegranate juice -antioxidant- (2 ounces a day, diluted with spring water or seltzer)
- freshly brewed tea -antioxidant- (2-3 cups a day)
- dark chocolate -antioxidant- (one-half ounce to 1 ounce a day)

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut