*** Advanced Learners - 3 Most Powerful Fluency Secrets You Wont Learn In School ***

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

*** Advanced Learners - 3 Most Powerful Fluency Secrets You Wont Learn In School ***

Message  gerardM le Sam 12 Mar - 19:46

Howdy.

Below is the link to a text I found extremely important to help us understand why we -learners- can't understand native speakers.

I decided to separate this topic as it's very important to figure out why we have trouble understanding even when our level is fluent... we usually think of speed, of slang, etc. and don't realize.
Read.

Forum | Learn English | 3 Most Powerful Fluency Secrets You Won’t Learn in School | Fluent Land

Do you feel frustrated when you listen to native speakers, as if we use English in a completely different way than what you learned in your English class?  Is there something missing in the flow of your communication, like a block in your mind that prevents you from feeling natural when you speak En…

FLUENTLAND.COM

~~~
... dynamic aspects of fluency... absolutely crucial for the proficient use of the English language...

Here are the 3 Most Powerful English Fluency Secrets they don’t teach you in school:

Sound Morphing/ Connected Speech: How natives cut, mix, and leave out words and sounds when we speak.
Discourse Markers: An extremely dynamic group of common words and phrases that serve to fill, connect, link, pivot, as well as give space and rhythm to communication. (The word “like” is a discourse marker)
Pronunciation/ Intonation/ Rhythm & Flow: Elements of native pronunciation and intonation that (a) facilitate your listening comprehension, and (b) permit you to flow with the natural rhythm of fluent English communication.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: *** Advanced Learners - 3 Most Powerful Fluency Secrets You Wont Learn In School ***

Message  gerardM le Sam 12 Mar - 20:01

A personal remark is that there are several meanings, several musics depending on what the speaker wants to say.
... poorly said sorry...
I mean that when the music is different, often the meaning is different.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut