How Long-Term Travel Could Change Your Life

Message  gerardM le Dim 10 Avr - 10:46

Howdy.

National Geographic

After seven years circling the globe, a traveler shares the lessons she learned—and how they've come to impact her life since.

Our writer took up an offer from friends who proposed the idea: "Move to London with us."
WWW.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: How Long-Term Travel Could Change Your Life

Message  Remy le Dim 10 Avr - 11:11

Interesting !

Remy

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  MurielB le Dim 10 Avr - 22:43

Patience and broad-mindedness are exactly what we learn when we travel and I agree with that

Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM le Lun 11 Avr - 0:17

Not the same scale but a few days ago, I was walking 40kms, the weather was somewhat nippy and I was so happy to have a bench and a sun ray for my lunch, along with a wonderful view on the Seine and Paris (I was at St Germain-en-Laye): I didn't need anything else.

gerardM

Message  Remy le Lun 11 Avr - 5:51

I was this week-end in Orsay (suburb of Paris), for a funeral. Of course, I was sad, because the dead man was a nice guy. But, on the other hand, I met a lot of interesting people. Also I went to a restaurant. There were waiters and waitresses, from every origin (black, arabian, asiatic, white...) but they were smiling and happy to work together. Unless it is not so easy to live in Paris, because of the high prices of accomodations. We were near a business zone (Courtaboeuf). It's lively and refreshing. Every one works, there is no hatred.

Remy

Patience

Message  MurielB le Lun 11 Avr - 14:50

Hi everyone ! Hi Rémy ! hi Gérard !
When we travel the time notion changes all the more so since my husband and I are retired. Before our life moved in time with the medical consultations and now we are free to organize our timetable as we wish. We walk a lot and not always around the place we live. Anyway we have to learn patience which is not so easy. There is always something which goes wrong. Buses will break down, flights will be delayed, and maps will occasionally be difficult to read. At the moment it is impossible to get connected to the network and I feel dispirited when I can't use my computer when I want.
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
Ok but it's easier said than done

Admin

Message  gerardM le Lun 11 Avr - 23:11

MurielB a écrit:... I feel dispirited when I can't use my computer when I want...
Muriel,
I guess that in addition to bad connection, you get bad light
Wink
There's no verb such as "dispirited" hence no past participle... but a good adjective.

gerardM

Message  Remy le Mar 12 Avr - 7:26

Muriel, don't worry about network. There is no pain that a good book can't care Cool

Remy

Message  MurielB le Mar 12 Avr - 16:35

Yes Gérard and Rémy
I am disheartened and I need light, connection and .....a good book !

Admin