Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Gut microbiota and obesity

2 participants

Gut microbiota and obesity Empty Gut microbiota and obesity

Message  MurielB Jeu 20 Oct - 23:31

Obesity is a pathological condition that is becoming prevalent throughout the world[3]. It is a popular subject of research as obesity is found to be associated with cardiovascular diseases, type2 diabetes and cancer[4]. Recent studies have revealed a whole new insight into obesity, suggesting the link between intestinal microbes and weight gain[3]. Dietary variation and caloric intake induce changes in gut microbiome composition, selectively promoting the growth of certain microbes[5]. These gut microbes thrive and impact the host metabolism by affecting inflammation and fat storage
https://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Gut_Microbiota_and_Obesity
A group of researchers led by Jeffrey Gordon has found that some types o f microbes are a lot better than others at providing usable food to their hosts. In the past when food was scarce, those who had such microbes were blessed. To-day they are cursed for the extra food seems to contribute to obesity.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Gut microbiota and obesity Empty Re: Gut microbiota and obesity

Message  gerardM Jeu 20 Oct - 23:50

Hi Muriel,

Thanks for this article.
I recently read something on this very subject.

In addition, I'll add that antibiotics were far too common, we have to keep in mind that antibiotics destroy the microbiota... another good reason to explain obesity increase.
As we know, there's a big problem of resistance of bacteria to antibiotics so that they are less and less efficient.
A huge problem is that soon, we won't have anything left to fight hospital-acquired infections!

Good news, researchers are very close to new powerful medicine.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas