International Council of Women opens Monday

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

International Council of Women opens Monday

Message  MurielB le Dim 13 Nov - 21:23

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2016/11/12/483706/International-Council.htm

The theme of this year's executive meeting, which opens on Monday, is "transforming society through women's empowerment," Kim Jung-sook, president of ICW, said Taipei.
"This is a very meaningful event," she said.

Yes, for a better world more participation for women in the political, economic, social and other spheres is very important ! A mix of masculine and feminine every where leads to harmony doesn't it ?

Dernière édition par MurielB le Lun 14 Nov - 20:26, édité 2 fois

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

confusion between grammatical gender and and sexual belonging

Message  Philippe-Henri le Lun 14 Nov - 9:32

A Muriel

The International Council of Women (ICW) is an organization working across national boundaries for the common cause of advocating human rights for women. It has been in life since 1888, representing dozens of women's organizations from 9 countries today: Canada, the United States, Ireland, India, England, Finland, Denmark, France and Norway. Women from professional organizations, trade unions, arts groups and benevolent societies participate. National Councils are affiliated to the ICW and thus make themselves heard at international level. The ICW enjoys consultative status with the UN and its Permanent Representatives to: ECOSOC, ILO, FAO, WHO, UNDP, UNEP, UNESCO, UNICEF, UNCTAD, UNIDO, etc.

Of course, I support such goals. Despite major progress over the last century, there is still a long way to go to full emancipation of women. Why does it take that long ? First, all countrties in the world are not at the same level of development. Second, human masses sustain Newton’s law of INERTIA, i.e. the quality in concrete matter (mass) that lets it stay still if it is still, or keeps it moving if it is moving. Now, the mass of women « weigh » more than half of world population !

My criticism and comments on this Forum about « masculin and féminin » did aim not at men/women as biological beings, but at the stupid confusion between grammatical gender and and sexual belonging. When the French, say LE soleil and LA lune, they dont « masculinize »  or « feminize » material objects. They just apply the rules of French grammar. Thus, claims by feminists and suffragettes, who favour nominal feminization of jobs, functions, rights, roles and titles, as well as the ridiculous hype of « gender neutrality » are definitely NUTS, nonsense !  

(By the way, there is also an International Council on Women’s Business Leadership  ─ ICWBL. It depends on a U.S. public body and solely serves American business interests : American economic policy development, global economic growth etc. But this is another story.)

Philippe-Henri

Philippe-Henri

Lieu : Lille
Langues : Néerlandais (Langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

Re: International Council of Women opens Monday

Message  MurielB le Lun 14 Nov - 20:53

but at the stupid confusion between grammatical gender and and sexual belonging.
I agree that it is a stupid confusion !

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut