let’s talk about women

Page 1 sur 3 1, 2, 3  Suivant

let’s talk about women

Message  gerardM le Dim 17 Nov - 21:07

To discover other pages please click on the top right. the page numbers appear there.
Merci Hi everyone,

-> What is the difference between women and men?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: let’s talk about women

Message  MurielB le Dim 17 Nov - 22:56

Hi Gérard !
why so different people want to live together ? scratch

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM le Lun 18 Nov - 14:25

... would be boring without these differences.

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Lun 18 Nov - 14:27

of course, life would be so monotonous....

Admin

Are women really better at learning languages?

Message  gerardM le Mer 15 Jan - 22:10

Hi everyone,

The Telegraph
Are women really better at learning languages?

(click pic or link to access article)
When it comes to education, females have certainly been covering lost ground. Girls now outperform boys in GCSEs and women outnumber men at most UK universities.

In the field of language learning, there has been a long-standing idea that females are also more adept at languages than males, excelling in their native tongue and also foreign language study. But is there any truth behind this theory, or is it just academic folklore?

gerardM

women aged over 40

Message  krystynaD le Jeu 23 Jan - 21:27

Bonsoir à tous ...

Reasons to appreciate women aged over 40 years ...

A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.
If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.
A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom.
Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.
Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.
Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends.
A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women.
Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.
Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.
A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women.
Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one!
Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal.
For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.
Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" ?”
Here’s an update for you ...
Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why?
Because women realize "it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage" !
krystynaD

Lieu : Paris
Langues : Australian English (Langue maternelle), Fr, Pol

Message  MurielB le Jeu 23 Jan - 22:38

Hi Krystyna.
I don't know what to say about  women aged over 40 but I am excessively happy to see you back on the forum

Admin

Message  gerardM le Jeu 23 Jan - 23:11

Hi Krystyna, Muriel, everyone,

Thanks for these words Krystyna.

Thanks for this funny expression I didn't know: "... don't give a hoot (or two hoots)" Wink
The last lines deserve an improvement with: "... unless you can get more than the little sausage". Smile Understand what you want (I meant: worth marrying Bill Gates, Arnaud Lagardère, Nicolas Sarkozy et al).

gerardM

Message  Guilaine le Ven 24 Jan - 15:22

Excellent, Krystina. You should pass it on to Valérie Trierweiler. That should soothe her !
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

Message  krystynaD le Ven 31 Jan - 13:27

Hi Guilaine,
Somehow I think Mme Trierweiler will not suffer too much from this debacle.
She will write a book, have her own talk show on TV (maybe take Vivement Dimanche), they will make a movie, and she will have millions of euros while living in luxury.
M. Hollande, on the other hand, will have nothing !
No wife, no high profile job, he will just have the infamy of being a goose !
One has to wonder what magical power he has over good-looking successful women (I suppose he is very talented in the underpants department !!!)
krystynaD

Lieu : Paris
Langues : Australian English (Langue maternelle), Fr, Pol

Message  Guilaine le Ven 31 Jan - 18:09

Hi Krystyna ,

Belonging to a man with power or money is attractive, no matter the physical appearance, I suppose.
Think of all the beautiful young women who "marry" old men ! They bet on the future, of course.
But Mr. H is more cautious, no need to sign. He is the leader and doesn't bother with scruples of any kind.
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It

Message  gerardM le Ven 31 Jan - 18:12

No matter, Valérie got fame and will be able to convert this into cash.

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Ven 31 Jan - 22:50

Hi Krytyna, Guilaine, Gérard ! 
 Powerful and not so Young rich men and pretty Young ladies usually attract one another
Perhaps the Young lady is unconsciously looking for her father because she needs protection? money ?Perhaps the rich man has everything apart from his youth and wants to be Young again ?
What about women over forties ? Wink

Admin

Message  Remy le Sam 1 Fév - 4:21

Hi everyone,

you say that a young woman who is interested in an older man is obviously interested in money or power. But what about desire ?  Cool

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM le Sam 1 Fév - 13:14

Hi Muriel, everyone
MurielB a écrit:... What about women over forties ? Wink
Hm I guess rich women over 40 are "attractive" as well: Liliane Bettencourt? another very recent buzz?

gerardM

Recovery from stroke harder on women than men

Message  gerardM le Ven 7 Fév - 23:40

Hi everyone,

-> Recovery from stroke harder on women than men

Read this interesting web page.

Note "On Thursday, the American Heart Association issued its first-ever guidelines for preventing strokes in women" and watch, and listen to, and read the page pointed by the hypertext link.

gerardM

Portraits of Strength: Seven Extraordinary Women

Message  gerardM le Ven 6 Mar - 22:49

Howdy.

National Geographic Magazine

In honor of International Women's Day, seven female photographers shared images that reveal a woman's experience. See their photographs, which tell stories of hope, bravery, and survival.

Portraits of Strength: Seven Extraordinary Women
"Somewhere between fear and sorrow there are often tears. I have seen pools of them."
PROOF.NATIONALGEOGRAPHIC.COM|PAR JESSIE WENDER

gerardM

New Test Lets Women Pick Their Best IVF Embryo

Message  gerardM le Jeu 16 Avr - 16:54

Howdy.

Scientific American magazine

A new test of the health of embryos could help reduce the number of twins and triplet births in IVF patients.

New Test Lets Women Pick Their Best IVF Embryo
But the FDA-approved technology for use with in vitro fertilization has yet to prove it leads to better babies
SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM|PAR DINA FINE MARON

gerardM

Message  gerardM le Jeu 16 Avr - 16:56

When can I choose a boy ?
When a clever boy?
When a healthy clever boy?
When a healthy and clever boy with gifts as a entrepreneur or businessman?

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Jeu 16 Avr - 21:20

Gérard a écrit:When can I choose a boy ?
When a clever boy?

It is also very sad because the parents can be disappointed with their new born baby who has not the characteristics they wanted.   Obviously  they can't return the package Wink

Admin

Message  gerardM le Ven 17 Avr - 1:04

MurielB a écrit:
Gérard a écrit:When can I choose a boy ?
When a clever boy?

It is also very sad because the parents can be disappointed with their new born baby who has not the characteristics they wanted.   Obviously  they can't return the package Wink
We'll see!

:-(

I bet that in the US and some other crazy countries (I mean with researchers without any ethics):
- researchers will study and find and improve
- a short while later, "parents" will order

Rejected packages might become kinda sub-humans and slaves... didn't we see this in bad films/novels?
- a short while later, "disappointed parenst" will sue doctors if the package is not in keeping with the order (n'est pas conforme...).

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Ven 17 Avr - 6:55

in keeping with the order (n'est pas conforme...).
Thanks a lot for the good expression Gérard !

Admin

Poor rich Manhattan women

Message  MurielB le Ven 12 Juin - 21:28

http://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2015/05/18/anthropologist-discovers-rich-manhattan-women-are-receiving-wife-bonuses/

To study this “elite tribe,” anthropologist Martin spent time with more than 100 of wives for over six years and found that the women were surprisingly cloistered from their husbands. The most baffling revelation was the existence of “wife bonuses” that they received for good housekeeping, which “might be hammered out in a pre-nup or post-nup, and distributed on the basis of not only how well her husband’s fund had done but her own performance — how well she managed the home budget, whether the kids got into a “good” school — the same way their husbands were rewarded at investment banks.” Viewing this through the lens of anthropology, Martin sees this as evidence of a “sex-segregated society” where women are comparatively disempowered and dépendent.

Although these women had advanced degrees from prestigious universities and business schools and married to rich, powerful men, they are looked down upon.
the conclusion is that The more hierarchical the society, and the more sex segregated the society is, the lower the status of women.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 12 Juin - 21:50, édité 2 fois

Admin

Message  gerardM le Ven 12 Juin - 21:43

Very strange article!

Full story in the New York Times -> Poor Little Rich Women

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Ven 12 Juin - 21:51

Yes Gérard, it's very strange indeed. I have just read it in "courrier international" and I wanted to write it in English for our forum.

Of course anyone's comment is welcome.

Admin

Page 1 sur 3 1, 2, 3  Suivant