let’s talk about women

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3

let’s talk about women  - Page 3 Empty Re: let’s talk about women

Message  MurielB le Lun 14 Nov - 20:53

To discover other pages please click on the top right. the page numbers appear there.

but at the stupid confusion between grammatical gender and and sexual belonging.
I agree that it is a stupid confusion !

Dernière édition par MurielB le Dim 17 Mar - 20:40, édité 2 fois

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  MurielB le Lun 3 Sep - 16:34

Yes

Admin

let’s talk about women  - Page 3 Empty Miss America wraps up

Message  MurielB le Jeu 11 Oct - 10:11

let’s talk about women  - Page 3 20180609_blp902

ON JUNE 5th Miss America announced that it would ditch the bikinis and become a “competition”, rather than a pageant. “We will no longer judge our candidates on their outward physical appearance,” announced Gretchen Carlson (pictured), the chairwoman of Miss America’s board of directors, and a former Miss America (1989). “That’s huge.” On Twitter the organisation posted a brief video of a white bikini disappearing in a puff of smoke with the hashtag #byebyebikini.

https://www.economist.com/democracy-in-america/2018/06/05/miss-america-wraps-up

Hi everyone
I find this décision very important for it concretizes that women want to show the world who they are as a person from the Inside of their soul.

Admin

Message  Remy le Jeu 11 Oct - 11:50

Miss America is a beauty competition. The miss don't represent their country, as a president does. It's just for fun.

Il they want to organize an other kind of competition, based on mind qualities, why not ? Just keep the usual competition and add another one.

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  MurielB le Jeu 11 Oct - 12:12

Remy a écrit:Just keep the usual competition  and add another one
Hi Remy
I perfectly understand your view point !Very Happy

Admin

let’s talk about women  - Page 3 Empty Emblematic first ladies

Message  MurielB le Mar 5 Mar - 22:54

The first lady is first and foremost the hostess of the white house. I remember perfectly Jacky Kennedy who was regarded as an international fashion icon, Barbara Bush who was both wife and mother of a president, Hillary Clinton who ran for the US presidency against Donald Trump, Michelle Obama who was the first African-American first lady of the US. Now Melania Trump wanted to be traditional. Who is she ? 
let’s talk about women  - Page 3 240px-Melania_Trump_official_portrait

Admin

let’s talk about women  - Page 3 Empty International Women’s Day

Message  MurielB le Ven 8 Mar - 18:58

International Women’s Day events are held worldwide on March 8. Various women, including political, community, and business leaders, as well as leading educators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and television personalities, are usually invited to speak at various events on the day. Such events may include seminars, conferences, luncheons, dinners or breakfasts. The messages given at these events often focus on various themes such as innovation, the portrayal of women in the media, or the importance of education and career opportunities.

Many students in schools and other educational settings participate in special lessons, debates or presentations about the importance of women in society, their influence, and issues that affect them.

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/international-womens-day

Admin

Message  MurielB le Lun 27 Mai - 14:01

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/25/women-happier-without-children-or-a-spouse-happiness-expert
We may have suspected it already, but now the science backs it up: unmarried and childless women are the happiest subgroup in the population. And they are more likely to live longer than their married and child-rearing peers, according to a leading expert in happiness.

Admin

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3