Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

2 participants

Goldilocks and the Three Bears Empty Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Message  Philippe-Henri Jeu 12 Jan - 5:46

After my assertion that our perception of reality was based on myths, legends, fairy tales and beautiful stories, like that of Goldilocks and the Three Bears (which I originally commented on in its French version «Goldilocks, la jeune fille aux cheveux d’or» ), Muriel B said, «[Yes], il y a un peu de ça», in other words : it’s part of that reason.

Pardon, folks, I believe it’s much more than just «part of that reason». Mythology ─ including metaphysics and religion ─ is precisely the very central point of our mistaken view on reality. Reality is not what IS, reality is what we BELIEVE TO BE. We Homo sapiens are endowed with an astonishing amount of fantasy.There are hings we are unable to understand, such as the existence of gods and goddesses, life after death and so on. No matter : we just dream them up AS IF they were real. And even worse : we write them down in so-called Scriptures, such as the Torah, the Bible, the Coran etc., which are the ultimate pices of nonsense. It’s not forbidden to write story books, it’s just absurd to try and get people to take them for truth, dragging the world along to hatred, cruisades, religion wars, djihad, terrorism and car bombs…

Philippe-Henri

Philippe-Henri

Lieu : Lille
Langues : Néerlandais (Langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Goldilocks and the Three Bears Empty Re: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Message  MurielB Jeu 12 Jan - 11:54

Yuval Noah Harari a écrit:Homo sapiens can cooperate flexibly in large numbers, because it has a unique ability to believe in things existing purely in its own imagination, such as gods, nations, money and human rights. Harari claims that all large scale human cooperation systems – including religions, political structures, trade networks and legal institutions – are ultimately based on fiction.[

In his book "sapiens" Yuval Noah Harari explains that the myths are the only ways for sapiens to organize and control large scale human cooperation systems : religions, political structures etc.

Let's create a myth and get together a lot a people.  I have and idea " Language-learning" because Languages lead to openness, tolerance and interest for other ways o living and thinking"LOL

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Goldilocks and the Three Bears Empty Re: Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Message  MurielB Ven 13 Jan - 16:16

Philippe Henri a écrit:It’s not forbidden to write story books, it’s just absurd to try and get people to take them for Truth,It’s not forbidden to write story books, it’s just absurd to try and get people to take them for truth,
No it is not absurd, on the contrary it's very intelligent. Man can easily control a small group of people ( less than fifty). If they want to control large groups they need a myth or ideas to be able to have power on them. Ideas(myth) are immaterial but they are very powerful.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es