Are bots invading our lives?

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

Are bots invading our lives?

Message  gerardM le Sam 4 Fév - 22:52

Howdy.

This topic is open to discuss with Muriel who -as far as I know- doesn't like the idea of robots taking over humans.

Muriel, do you still have 12 points on your driving license?
I just lost 2 times 1 point as I drove to the mountains with my granddaughter... I'm worrying about next week: a new "Avis de contravention" might arrive in my letterbox

I had 12 points 2 weeks ago, never lost a single one: now I know what it is - craziness!!  affraid  C\'est vrai!!

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Are bots invading our lives?

Message  MurielB le Sam 4 Fév - 23:15

Gérard I don't like when robots are fake human beings because we can't have an emotional  relationship with them. They are just machines.
Any way as I am not Fangio, i wouldn't mind to have a driverless car which could drive me everywhere and do all my shoppings. I agree that this one is a bit too small and a bigger one would suit me perfectly.  It is worrying when they take points off your driving license. I have just had my 12 points back and I want my driving license to stay as it is.

Designers of futuristic cityscapes envision delivery drones dropping off your packages from the sky and driverless cars taking you to work. But the robotic delivery invasion already has arrived in the form of machines that look like beer coolers on wheels scooting along the sidewalks.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2016/12/07/delivery-robots-are-showing-up-on-city-sidewalks

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM le Sam 4 Fév - 23:41

Muriel,

For distances under 10km, I was already walking, for higher distances, I will take the train.
Next summer, I guess I'll drive to the Alps with my granddaughter because we need all of her stuff.
Then later, I will give up with cars as on a distance of 1,500km I'm quite sure to get 4-5 fines or even lose my license: I will go by train and rent a car on site.

Imagine that I lost 1 point on Jan 22 at 120kph instead of 110... I didn't understand as I was on a freeway and I didn't see anything special: why 110 and not 130 on a freeway?? Go ask the bot!
I lost another point on Jan 29 at 73 instead of 70kph... in the outskirts of Grenoble where the bloody major instituted a limit of 70 on an urban freeway which is usually a 110kph road (I saw the signs).
I got mad!

gerardM

Message  gerardM le Dim 5 Fév - 10:07

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Dim 5 Fév - 22:40

It is very good when the bots work for us but it is not nice to deprived of human Relationships.
http://www.scienceofrelationships.com/home/2012/4/16/the-need-to-belong-part-of-what-makes-us-human.html

people have a basic psychological need to feel closely connected to others, and that caring, affectionate bonds from close relationships are a major part of human behavior. 

Admin

Message  gerardM le Mar 7 Fév - 0:32

MurielB a écrit:It is very good when the bots work for us...
Did you ask jobless people when you wrote this? Sad
Except previewed by one of the presidency candidates, industrials won't give the saved money.

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Mar 7 Fév - 9:30

Gérard our society is evolving and I am conscious that  AI and algorithms are present everywhere.
Anyway they cannot work without the humans. As i am in a medical environment I can give you the example in medecine.
Artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare uses algorithms and software to approximate human cognition in the analysis of complex medical data
 OK but the humans are not biological tests  whatsoever. For instance  people can have "Bad cholesterol" and be perfectly healthy because they have an enriching and satisfactory emotional  life. Can a machine notice that ?
I agree that as the world evolves, so do job trends. Some jobs will be eliminated but some are emerging. It is very important for young people to choose the right career if they don't want to be jobless.

Admin

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut