Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet

3 participants

Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet Empty Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet

Message  MurielB Lun 27 Déc - 22:35

It is the story of a German lawyer who as a teenager in 1958 had an affair with an older woman, Hanna Schmitz. She dissapears suddenly leaving Michael completely Helpless and sad. She reappears years later in a war crime trial where she defends herself. In fact she was a guard at a Nazi concentration camp. Michael realizes that Hanna is keeping a personal secret she believes is worse than her Nazi past—a secret which, if revealed, could help her at the trial. Hann can't read nor write but doesn't say anything.
I found this film very interesting. It was all about relationship. Hanna is clumpsy, straight forward, shameful because she is illiterate. Michael is sensitive and passionate. He will never recover from his love for Hanna I love you

Dernière édition par MurielB le Dim 9 Jan - 10:32, édité 1 fois
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet Empty Re: Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet

Message  Admin Mar 28 Déc - 0:00

I loved this movie too. It's a nice sory, but it's the first time in a movie that Hollywood describe a Nazi not as a criminal but as a human.

Did you see "the little boy in a stripped pyjama" ? The theme is the same: nazis have a heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet Empty Re: Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet

Message  Invité Sam 8 Jan - 23:45

I loved the book!

Invité
Invité

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Jan - 20:51

thank you Marinelle, If I come across that book, il will think of your advice ! Very Happy Very Happy
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Admin Dim 9 Jan - 23:29

I've got the DVD "The reader" and "the little boy in a stripped pyjama" if you are interested ... tell me via mail
Admin
Admin
Admin

Langues : Français, Gb

https://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Message  MurielB Dim 9 Jan - 23:43

I would
be intested by the little boy in a stripped pyjama but there is no hurry when you are back from your
Holidays
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Invité Lun 10 Jan - 19:59

B.Schlink is a very good writer, I think Smile

Invité
Invité

Cinema: "The reader" with L Nielson and K Windslet Empty "The Reader"

Message  Guilaine Jeu 3 Fév - 17:41

Hi Florent, I would be very interested to get the DVD "The reader" from you, as you kindly offer it.
Unfortunately, I missed the film when it was on. So please next time we meet, at the swiming-pool on Tuesday, for example ??
Guilaine
Guilaine

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, Es,It