Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club 3

2 participants

Page 35 sur 41 Précédent  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Suivant

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club 3

Message  MurielB Jeu 28 Sep - 22:16

gerardM a écrit:
The secret of their success is quite simple.

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 Safe_image.php?d=AQBmhgInJjJR-uU0&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.brightside.me%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2Fpart_21%2F214655%2Fpreview-5910805-1200x630-99-1492170681

10 distinctive features of the Japanese education system that made this nation the envy of the world
The secret of their success is quite simple.

BRIGHTSIDE.ME|DE BRIGHT SIDE

At the end of high school, Japanese students have to take a very important exam that decides their future. A student can choose one college they would like to go to, and that college has a certain score requirement. If a student doesn’t reach that score they probably don’t go to college

It is very sad when japonese students fail in their end of high school exam isn't it ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 22:51

Hi Muriel,
I don't see the achievement of not taking any exam till grade 4 as grade four is around the age of 8-9 years.
Young Japanese are very stressed... get a good degree is very very important.

NB: "Student" is the term used in the US all along schooling wjile it is "pupil" for primary school in the UK.
Other differences:
- US "elementary school" - UK "primary school"
- US "Junior high school" - UK "secondary school"
- US "College" - UK "University aka Univ"

Dernière édition par gerardM le Jeu 28 Sep - 22:57, édité 1 fois

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Jeu 28 Sep - 22:54

Young Japanese are very stressed
Gérard i have read that even in nursery schools Young japonese are stressed !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 28 Sep - 22:58

MurielB a écrit:
Young Japanese are very stressed
Gérard i have read that even in nursery schools Young japonese are stressed !
I'm not surprised as parents are already stressed before birth LOL

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 29 Sep - 14:57

Very sad ! Sad

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 29 Sep - 21:25

... that's why the Japanese have less and less babies. Smile

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Oct - 15:44

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 21433149_2012311319006475_4092789254888415324_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Oct - 15:46

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22089112_1599403320117392_5989120049961635594_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Oct - 15:50

A father passing by his son's bedroom, was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, "Dad." With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands...
"Dear, Dad. It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mum and you.
I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her because of her piercings, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am.
But it's not only the passion, Dad. She's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.
Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.
In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS, so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!
Don't worry, Dad. I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grandchildren.
Love, your son, Joshua.
P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on the kitchen table. Call when it is safe for me to come home!

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Oct - 16:01

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22046798_1599245206799870_2590847196825113333_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 1 Oct - 17:40

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22221698_1599570030100721_6096330071253875548_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 1 Oct - 21:47

gerardM a écrit:
A father passing by his son's bedroom, was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, "Dad." With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands...
"Dear, Dad. It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mum and you.
I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her because of her piercings, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am.
But it's not only the passion, Dad. She's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.
Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.
In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS, so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!
Don't worry, Dad. I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grandchildren.
Love, your son, Joshua.
P.S. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on the kitchen table. Call when it is safe for me to come home!

A bad school report is not the end of the world ! This could be passed on to demanding parents.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 3 Oct - 14:14

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22221541_1600848279972896_7089645601201842383_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 3 Oct - 16:28

We all have that one friend...yeah, & it's me!

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 240_F_118477711_ybAUDUkU0rZ1RFhe84q9EBjdzkAT8Ujw

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 3 Oct - 17:12

MurielB a écrit:We all have that one friend...yeah, & it's me!
Muriel, are you that one to whom we have to say "be nice"? :-)

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 4 Oct - 9:53

Gérard I don't understand "One to whom we have to say be nice" scratch Is is a friend who doesn't behave properly ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 4 Oct - 10:05

Muriel, it refers to people who easily shout, claim, criticize and speak. Don't you know of someone you need to say "be nice" when you meet a person they don't like, in order to get a smile, or calm behavior.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 4 Oct - 10:08

Yes I understand better Tx

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 6 Oct - 18:05

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22195329_1604574542933603_7726575520963473570_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 6 Oct - 20:29

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22089804_1604656016258789_9143767384129320207_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 7 Oct - 14:58

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22279932_1605156102875447_7887575360559987795_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 7 Oct - 17:37

It was Grandpa Jones’ 100th birthday and he was still in perfect health.
At his birthday party he was asked how he managed to live so long and stay so fit.
He explained, “I put my long life down to spending so much time out of doors. I’ve been in the open air, day after day, rain or shine, for the last 75th years.”
“How do you manage to keep up such a rigorous fitness regime?” we asked.
“It’s simple” he said. “When I married my wife 75 years ago, we both made solemn pledge on our wedding night. We agreed that whenever we ever had a fight, whoever was proved wrong would go outside and take a long walk.”

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 7 Oct - 20:51

Mcmillan dictionary a écrit:[put something down to something] if you put something down to a particular reason, you think it has happened for that reason
I put his irritability down to tiredness.
Synonyms and related words
To give a reason or excuse for something:explain, argue, excuse...
Explore Thesaurus
2put something down to experience to decide not to be affected by an unpleasant experience, but to accept that such things happen and cannot be avoided
To put something down to is an interesting expression isn’t it?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 7 Oct - 21:09

> I’ve been in the open air, day after day, rain or shine, for the last 75th years
There's a mistake, read " I’ve been in the open air, day after day, rain or shine, for the last 75 years".

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 7 Oct - 21:26

Dawn French Fan Club 3 - Page 35 22221820_1605668309490893_6149061944767118769_n

gerardM

Page 35 sur 41 Précédent  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Suivant