How I learned English?

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Re: How I learned English?

Message  MurielB le Jeu 28 Juin - 21:13

Zoeyxtkop a écrit: think English classes are way better now, at least in high school. We have much more oral comprehensions and oral expressions, and we even had to read a whole book in English
I am very pleased about what you are writing.

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  Zoeyxtkop le Jeu 28 Juin - 21:38

MurielB a écrit:
I am very pleased about what you are writing.

And I'm pleased to see that language learning is changing a bit, at least for English, because German classes aren't great. Chinese classes are really good as well.
But even though I feel like they have made improvements in English learning, it's still not that great. People who have a level which is pretty low are going to face difficulties and I don't think that's fair. I think we all need to start learning English at the same age, in the same class, you know what I mean? That would be really positive, and everyone would be approximatively at the same level, you know ? And then they also need to help people with weakness in the language. That's only my opinion though ^^
Zoeyxtkop

Lieu : ??
Langues : Français(L. mater), English, Deutsch, Chinese

Message  MurielB le Jeu 28 Juin - 22:58

Don't you think that the attitude of  students being afraid or embarrassed of making mistakes, has a detrimental effect on English learning ?

Admin

Message  Zoeyxtkop le Ven 29 Juin - 13:40

MurielB a écrit:Don't you think that the attitude of  students being afraid or embarrassed of making mistakes, has a detrimental effect on English learning ?

Yeah, that's also a big problem. Obviously in our society making mistakes is kind of a shame. We have exams which are one time try, you most of the time don't get two chances to succeed. That's a big problem. And I think that teachers should say at the beginning of each years "don't be afraid to make mistakes, I am here to help you" maybe that would encourage afraid ones to speak a little more.
Zoeyxtkop

Message  MurielB le Sam 30 Juin - 0:07

Zoeyxtkop a écrit:Obviously in our society making mistakes is kind of a shame.

A Very big Problem !!!!affraid

Admin

Message  Zoeyxtkop le Sam 21 Juil - 23:32

MurielB a écrit:

A Very big Problem !!!!affraid

Yeah, and unfortunately, I don't think teachers are doing anything against that... Like, I know some teachers kind of blame students for making mistakes. And a lot focus more on good students rather than the ones struggling in the back of the class...

But the most horrible thing for me is my german teacher... our german classes just suck. Like, we learn nothing really and when we ask about basic structures we NEVER saw, she's always saying we should know that... But the point of a class is actually learning so.. Well, that's annoying. And that's hard for me to learn German because of that. But I love German, I will somehow learn it myself. It will just take time and patience... :/
Zoeyxtkop

Message  MurielB le Dim 22 Juil - 21:37

Zoeyxtkop a écrit:But I love German, I will somehow learn it myself. It will just take time and patience... :/
You are right,Zoeyxtkop, when there's a will there's a way. Learning a new language is a challenging task and demands hundreds of hours of regular practice but internet can help for there are  many useful devices. Here is a very interesting site for german-learning one of our members has posted=>Apprendre l'allemand

Admin

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2