Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6-

3 participants

Page 13 sur 31 Précédent  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Suivant

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 Empty Re: Staying Alive is Not Enough -6-

Message  gerardM Ven 13 Oct - 18:41

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22366764_1485575928158664_1133398049172074544_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 Empty Re: Staying Alive is Not Enough -6-

Message  MurielB Ven 13 Oct - 22:11

That's why it's so important to build in a relaxation routine for those times when life goes wrong !

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Ven 13 Oct - 23:22

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22448106_1486504661399124_454950135450284389_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 14 Oct - 18:19

I think it would be better to teach elementary children philosoply and to keep that matter all along their studies because many of our little ones ' questions have philosophical content and it is important to open their minds. 17 or 18 is too late. Do you think  governments want to manipulate dumb people ?
https://phil.washington.edu/why-study-philosophy

“Philosophy” comes from Greek words meaning “love of wisdom.”  Philosophy uses the tools of logic and reason to analyze the ways in which humans experience the world.  It teaches critical thinking, close reading, clear writing, and logical analysis; it uses these to understand the language we use to describe the world, and our place within it.  Different areas of philosophy are distinguished by the questions they ask.  Do our senses accurately describe reality?  What makes wrong actions wrong?  How should we live?  These are philosophical questions, and philosophy teaches the ways in which we might begin to answer them.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Oct - 20:00

Muriel,
I personally think that the French are not winging/whinging enough LOL
They should study philosophy earlier to think by themselves.
I agree that governments tend to take much money from most people and give a bit of money to others (sometimes the same) so that people depend on the government for their well-being... and shut up Wink
Slavery is not eradicated.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Oct - 21:10

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22406149_1487386674644256_5458527399571843968_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 14 Oct - 22:06

gerardM a écrit:
Muriel,
I personally think that the French are not winging/whinging enough LOL
They should study philosophy earlier to think by themselves.
I agree that governments tend to take much money from most people and give a bit of money to others (sometimes the same) so that people depend on the government for their well-being... and shut up Wink
Slavery is not eradicated.
whatever goverments may think, I believe in philosophy and the right of people to think for themselves.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Oct - 23:56

MurielB a écrit:...
whatever goverments may think, I believe in philosophy and the right of people to think for themselves.
Yes Muriel but any governments try to keep the people quiet and obedient: in the ancient Rome, it was done by public games in arenas, in France it's done by letting people organize demonstrations, by picking up people's money and giving it back to others, in other countries, it done by threat, etc.
Every gov tend to prevent people from thinking too much by themselves (propaganda, biased/truncated information, "ballons d'essais",...).

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 15 Oct - 8:53

I agree and that’s the reason why I hate politics !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 11:28

MurielB a écrit:I agree and that’s the reason why I hate politics !
Politics is absolutely necessary but there're several ways to organize life in "the city"/in a group of persons... it doesn't include -of course- making big personal money with public taxes.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 15 Oct - 14:07

Politics is absolutely necessary
I agree but if you do politics you are manipulated and enjoyment of life is no longer for you.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 14:29

MurielB a écrit:
I agree but if you do politics you are manipulated and enjoyment of life is no longer for you.
> if you do politics
Do you mean "if you are a politician" or "if, as a citizen, you keep an eye on politicians"?

Citizens, lobbyists, union members, workers... everyone tries to influence the laws of the country.
As a citizen, we have to obbey the laws that were voted.
> enjoyment of life is no longer for you
Politician or citizen, I can't see why.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 14:39

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22528066_1488299274552996_4089460547434117648_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 14:43

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22406128_1488298727886384_7161358353891346235_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 16:40

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22406057_1779488208730979_9051715638145622084_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 17:37

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22310342_1488908521158738_6661483200341399435_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Oct - 17:40

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22405537_1488299804552943_3452830828693845036_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 15 Oct - 22:38

gerardM a écrit:
MurielB a écrit:
> if you do politics
Do you mean "if you are a politician" or "if, as a citizen, you keep an eye on politicians"?

Citizens, lobbyists, union members, workers... everyone tries to influence the laws of the country.
As a citizen, we have to obbey the laws that were voted.
> enjoyment of life is no longer for you
Politician or citizen, I can't see why.

Gérard I agree that it is important to have a competent president and vote for the right one (extremists are no good) but when you want to contribute to the  world change, it is better not to rely on politics which is a power game  affraid

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Oct - 14:51

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22448204_1489213247794932_4596988993705626323_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Oct - 14:51

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22489982_1489212391128351_7335439423768854910_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Oct - 22:38

It's usually the other way round. We trust people with action, not with words !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 17 Oct - 10:29

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22449952_1490058094377114_8143699993840668077_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 17 Oct - 17:42

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22528557_1490044084378515_5023920266807978012_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 17 Oct - 17:43

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22528280_1489857501063840_6418736791082554070_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 17 Oct - 21:00

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 13 22528260_1490061864376737_2480089141599485802_n

gerardM

Page 13 sur 31 Précédent  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Suivant