Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6-

3 participants

Page 30 sur 31 Précédent  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Suivant

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 Empty Re: Staying Alive is Not Enough -6-

Message  MurielB Sam 24 Fév - 22:11

It's really time to be a vegetarian isn't it ?

Dernière édition par MurielB le Lun 26 Fév - 0:25, édité 1 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 Empty Re: Staying Alive is Not Enough -6-

Message  gerardM Dim 25 Fév - 21:25

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 27972004_1611362268913362_1415630208397217628_n

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Dim 25 Fév - 22:56

so important to move forward !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 25 Fév - 23:54

Do you understand "still broke" Muriel?

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 26 Fév - 0:21

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 27858394_1611362748913314_2961800403816976483_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 26 Fév - 15:05

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 27752521_1611363748913214_1369376516925513923_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 26 Fév - 16:46

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 28379127_1623008241082098_1500315591621013974_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 26 Fév - 22:04

gerardM a écrit:Do you understand "still broke" Muriel?

Gérard I know that to be broke is to have no money

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 26 Fév - 23:23

MurielB a écrit:

Fine.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 27 Fév - 16:33

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 28058462_1614465815269674_7028972143750165269_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 27 Fév - 20:48

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 27971641_1614465321936390_1679663514972516783_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Mar 27 Fév - 21:12

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 28379011_1623009457748643_3023106525049857578_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 27 Fév - 21:59

gerardM a écrit:Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 27971641_1614465321936390_1679663514972516783_n

Everything is a problem of perspective.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Ven 2 Mar - 22:30

gerardM a écrit:
MurielB a écrit:

Fine.

Gérard i had just read an article about money  "talk about money"
He's broke=>Il est fauché
He's loaded=>Il est plein aux as
My credit card is maxed out=>J'ai atteint le plafond de ma carte de crédit
I'm paid peanuts=>Je travaille pour 3 fois rien
I'm earning good money=>Je gagne bien ma vie
it was money well spent=>C'était une bonne affaire.
I'm saving up for a car=>J'économise pour m'acheter une voiture.
I'm skint=>Je n'ai plus un rond.  
I'm not made of money=>Je ne roule pas sur l'or

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 3 Mar - 10:20

MurielB a écrit:...
Gérard i had just read an article about money  "talk about money"
He's broke=>Il est fauché
He's loaded=>Il est plein aux as
My credit card is maxed out=>J'ai atteint le plafond de ma carte de crédit
I'm paid peanuts=>Je travaille pour 3 fois rien
I'm earning good money=>Je gagne bien ma vie
it was money well spent=>C'était une bonne affaire.
I'm saving up for a car=>J'économise pour m'acheter une voiture.
I'm skint=>Je n'ai plus un rond.  
I'm not made of money=>Je ne roule pas sur l'or
Thank you for the collection Muriel.
"I'm skint" is rather British.
Regarding "broke", the word is used for companies as well - insolvable; "to go broke"= to go bankrupt= faire faillite
Re the credit cards... as you may know Americans use Credit cards for long, the French use of Credit Cards is rather recent.
The French often use the word "carte de crédit" for all types of bank cards while Americans make the distinction between Credit Card and Debit Card.
A Credit Card has a limit as it is a kind of loan (with high interest rate). Many Am live on credit cards (I mean on money they don't have), that's why they often have 5-10 credit cards in their wallet, and smile when they see they can't pay, they just take another card.
Surprisingly it's possible for Americans to go to another State to get another Credit Card (with an additional 15,000-25,000 dollar credit)... and then when they can't reimburse, they disappear, or they go bankrupt (possible for individuals), or they count on death.
I wrote "surprisingly" because in the US, personal data are stored in computers (and apartment owners, car companies, can check your Credit, your index to see if you can be trusted) but apparently it doesn't work properly for banks, unless it's done on purpose (like it's done in France for companies which don't check your possibilities to reimburse consumer credit for furniture, cars... stating it's the consumer's responsibility).

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 3 Mar - 22:24

Many Am live on credit cards (I mean on money they don't have), that's why they often have 5-10 credit cards in their wallet, and smile when they see they can't pay, they just take another card.
Gérard i didn't know. It's amazing isn't it ?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 4 Mar - 21:34

MurielB a écrit:
Many Am live on credit cards (I mean on money they don't have), that's why they often have 5-10 credit cards in their wallet, and smile when they see they can't pay, they just take another card.
Gérard i didn't know. It's amazing isn't it ?
It's worrying. When something goes bad in the National economy, it's a catastrophe for example people lose their home as the banks take them.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 4 Mar - 22:29

Gérard i agree it is a catastrophe but fortunately the Americans have a lot of energy and are ready to start again (We could see that during the subprime crisis)

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 9 Mar - 22:36

Do you think it's good behavior to live on credit and continuously pay intersts?? count on death to solve and end the problems?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 9 Mar - 23:33

Gérard a écrit:Do you think it's good behavior to live on credit and continuously pay intersts?? count on death to solve and end the problems?

Gérard I also blame that behaviour, I just wanted  to say that there are people who, whatever the difficulties involved, no matter how difficult the issues at stake are, always bounce back. My daughter was in America during the subprime crisis and saw people selling everything and starting again. I take my hat off to them.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 11 Mar - 21:54

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 Safe_image.php?d=AQBKfbwlwlNYAbTH&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.truthinsideofyou.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2FIf-You-Have-5-Out-of-These-6-Traits-You-Were-Born-to-Live-Alone

If You Have 5 Out of These 6 Traits, You Were Born to Live Alone
Wanting to stay alone doesn’t necessarily mean that the person is lonely. You see, a loner and lonely person are two different ideas. Some people like to live alone.
TRUTHINSIDEOFYOU.ORG

gerardM

Message  MurielB Dim 11 Mar - 22:24

There are two types of Loners: those who want to be with people but have been socially rejected and react as a loner and those who truly love and need solitude

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Lun 12 Mar - 21:40

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 28377895_1627353577314231_8080367570776395403_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 12 Mar - 23:18

We are all interconnected so what we change makes something or someone else change

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 13 Mar - 17:51

Staying Alive is Not Enough -6- - Page 30 29177892_1640433509339571_3325139203544580096_n

gerardM

Page 30 sur 31 Précédent  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Suivant