Metaphysics

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Metaphysics

Message  Teilhard le Lun 31 Jan - 16:28

To discover other pages please click on the top right, the page numbers appear there.
Hi everyone,
In my age, the main question guessing me is: What‘s waiting me (us), after death. You may say to me how it is absurd, idiot, nonsense, trying to resolve such a puzzle. For has anyone ever come back from Heaven? Yes, Spiritualisms say they are able to  talk to spirits across tables; But isn’t pure fancy for a Cartesian mind. It can be a way of manipulation. For instance, you know that one says to young Muslims manipulated by fundamentalism, and driven to explode, burst themselves in particularly crowded places, have the promise that in paradise, they would get immediately find at their disposal ninety nine young virgins. (Brainwash!). MY FATHER was convinced that after his death he will join his mother, dad and all family. In my point of view, by chance could we be located beside A. Hitler, Polpot or other serial killers. An uncle of mine would prefer reach hell because he said joking, There, I’ll never get cold. Some theologians underline that hell exists but it is empty. (Perfect goodness of God). I shan’t speak about N.D.E. (near death experiences). Vision of soul taking off to a large tunnel with a bright light in the button of it, may be due to disturbances of brain metabolism switching off! But people who have experimented N.D.E. such as C.G.Jung get out from that with a peaceful, unified sensation. He was no more afraid for death. The question is why this Universe seems to have work for so many times if for nothing. A book titled the face of God emphasize that parameters of our Cosmos are so finely tuned, such as if a mysterious entity, a thought, hypo stated under, and informing each atomic particle was (by chance mixed with determinism) ruling the all world. This is an opinion shared, by most of quantum mechanics physicists and an explanation for the fact that human's  mind  have at its disposal liberty of thoughts. Nevertheless, this is a good thing! And that's why: I would respect every one’s liberty of thought upon the question what’s happening after death.
Teilhard

Lieu : Sans (Lille)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Life after Death

Message  MurielB le Lun 31 Jan - 18:55

You like to write about very serious subjects don't you Teilhard? congratulations for writing in english. But what you say deserves afterthought scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Re: Metaphysics

Message  gerardM le Mar 1 Fév - 0:00

Hi Jean-Luc, Muriel, hi everyone,

Thanks for your message!

Your subject is very interesting.
It's very serious and personally, till someone doesn't promise me exact things about something beyond death, I'm rather practical and prefer to stay on this beloved Earth. Smile
gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

beloved earth

Message  Teilhard le Ven 4 Fév - 18:42

I'm not sure that earth is beloved by many people: our planet is so much polluted; its resources are becaming exhausted. Only one part of human brain is working it's the predator 's one which you can is located at the very basis of the enceplalon(under the fourth ventricle) !Is there another world's Soul?
Teilhard

Message  gerardM le Sam 5 Fév - 0:24

Hi Jean-Luc, hi everyone,

I do hope many people love our Earth.
I agree Earth is far from being perfect. We have to fight, I'm doing my best to respect and protect it.

However, I enjoy taking advantage of the marvel Earth is, walking on paths, in the middle of the country far from smoke and cars and in front of wonderful landscapes.
gerardM

what I indulge my mind to think about?

Message  Teilhard le Mer 16 Fév - 16:36

After spending nearly fifty years learning studying mainly scientific medical literature; I have had enough! Since I'm retired, I have changed radically my reading subjects. Now I indulge myself in weird tale or experiment! A little bit fed up with positivist, determinist, mechanistic, scientist even Cartesian way of considers the world; I plunge in fancier one. For instance I’m reading J.K ROWLING? Who is she? Of course she‘s the writer of Harry Potter novel (H.P. and the Philosopher stone; half blood prince; and the deathly Hallows). As you see I read it in English original text!
Also, I read mystic passages books. For some people it seems to be a rather silly literature (and laugh) because psychoanalysts theories mysticism such as sublimation of erotic drive! Moreover isn’t a denial of all paradigms upon which we in France have built our way of thinking and philosophizing! As you know I’m rather interested by Quantum mechanics witch takes place at subatomic level of matter Now, it becomes impossible to have a materialistic point of view upon our world. Transcendence blends with matter. And none could say neither if we think nor if we are thought! After ways of aferthought based upon evidence and analysis,would humans of XXIth century be interested by other ways of thought represented by an opposite, synthetizing,and unifying one. This may explicate the very etymologic sense of the world Universe (versus Unum) which goes towards Unity! For instance, that’s why J. Lennon sings in the end of his song Imagine “And the world will be One'!
Could I understand that it would be a fancy comparable with H. Potter? But that is what I indulge my mind to think about!
$
Teilhard

Hereafter.

Message  nicolasM le Mar 22 Fév - 21:42

There currently is a movie about this topic !

The film "Hereafter" was directed by Clint Eastwood and the main actor is Matt Damon.
The story is about an american man (Matt Damon) who's able to comunicate with dead people. This man used to make a lot of money by using his special skills, but he decided to stop his activity in order to lead a normal life. After a bad experience, he made the decision to take long holidays in London, where he'll meet a female french writer (Cécile De france) whose life has been transformed after she had known a tragic Near Death Experience in Asia. He'll also help a London scholl boy (Bryce Dallas Howard) talk to his dead brother, who was killed in a car crash.

I enjoyed watching this movie in the cinema, and would encourage anyone interested in the topic to go and see it. This is a quiet movie, that sometimes feels dramatic or sad. But after watching it, you'll feel relaxed and quite relieved about what there might be in hereafter.
nicolasM

Lieu : calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle) , Gb, De

Message  MurielB le Mar 22 Fév - 22:10

Hello Nicolas
Thank you for your interesting comment. I agree with you, it is a good film though critics are not good Sad
If you like to see on january 22nd, I have already written about this film.
Merci de me faire part des grosses fautes dans mes messages en langue étrangère. Grâce à vos remarques, je pourrai m'améliorer :-)
MurielB
Admin

Metaphysics

Message  gerardM le Lun 14 Avr - 21:08

->
Will The Internet Kill Religion?
(click pic or link to access video)

The Internet is a great tool to connect with others, learn new things, and learn about things happening all over the world! Is it also killing religion? Laci sits down to discuss an interesting study about how the rise in Internet might be causing people to lose their religion.

How the Internet Is Taking Away America's Religion

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Lun 14 Avr - 21:20

hi everyone !
What is religion ? is it a system of symbols, myths, doctrines, ethics and rituals. when people have a lot of contacts thanks to internet, they tend to understand better everyone else' s view-points and move away from narrow beliefs. For me the Americans are in a  positive evolution. They do not  deny the existence of a transcendence. It is all the other way round.
Internet is the birth of a global web of consciousness and helps us  go forward together in love, while preserving individuality

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mer 5 Sep - 16:50, édité 1 fois

Admin

Do Religions Really Cause Violence?

Message  gerardM le Dim 23 Aoû - 14:13

Howdy.

Discovery News

DO RELIGIONS REALLY CAUSE VIOLENCE?: Throughout history, religion has been tied to massive tragedy and loss of life, but is religion truly at fault for events like The Crusades?

Do Religions Really Cause Violence?
Throughout history religion has been tied to massive tragedy and loss of life but is religion truly at fault for events like The Crusades?
TESTTUBE.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Dim 23 Aoû - 21:39

Gérard when you follow a spiritual guide and when you belong to a community with the same beliefs, you tend to  think that you and the members of your community  are right and that those who are outside that community are wrong. It is dangerous or course and no good for anyone !
Any way All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.(Dalai lama)
 This quote is also shared by the enlightened atheists because without lofty ideas our societies collapse and it is the end of the world ! affraid

Admin

Message  Admin le Mar 25 Aoû - 23:32

It's in the nature of a living thing to be violent because he need to eats other living things to survive. An a religion is just a group of living things ....
Everybody is more or less violent (not only physically!!).
Admin
Admin

Langues : Français, Gb

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.cafe-polyglotte.com

Message  MurielB le Mer 26 Aoû - 21:49

There are 2 forces in the universe.

•  Violence=> The strongest want to eat up the weakest  (survival of the fittest)
  • Love, compassion and forgiveness.=> A kind of transcendence could act through us.

Admin

Message  MurielB le Jeu 27 Aoû - 10:00

Mind you ! If violence dominates over Love, it's the end of the world ! affraid

Admin

Message  Admin le Jeu 27 Aoû - 12:57

There is violence and love in every alive thinks. All is not completely white, but all isn't completely black (hopefully)

A world only based on love isn't valuable: this is the mix love/violence how make the human evoluate. Look at some tributes only based on love (like pygmees, bushmen ...), they are not evoluated anyway.
So a only-loving word is a static world, but you're right that a only-violent world in the end!

I love you and Evil or Very Mad !
Admin
Admin

Message  MurielB le Jeu 27 Aoû - 18:00

There is violence and love in every living being
I agree with you Florent. Anyway love doen't mean   " accepting everything and being permissive "

Admin

Message  MurielB le Jeu 27 Aoû - 22:30

When you bring up a child you have to

1. let him choose for himself what he wants to do, what he wants to be (not cut his wings)
  2. and at the same time set limits because he is a social animal and he will have to live in harmony with the other human beings and his environment.

Admin

Message  gerardM le Ven 28 Aoû - 10:24

MurielB a écrit:When you bring up a child you have to

1. let him choose for himself what he wants to do, what he wants to be (not cut their wings)
  2. and at the same time set limits because he is a social animal and he will have to live in harmony with the other human beings and his environment.

Muriel, "child" is not masculine.
Don't let believe Americans are sexist, Am women wouldn't permit it.

gerardM

Message  Admin le Ven 28 Aoû - 10:44

Thanks Gérard!!
But what is the genre of "child"?
Is Muriel wrong?
Admin
Admin

Message  MurielB le Ven 28 Aoû - 12:16

Florent In France the masculine form takes precedence over the feminine form. It is not true in America because they are less sexist than we are. Instead of saying his child, i could have said "their children".
MurielB a écrit:
When you bring up children you have to

1. let them choose for themselves what they want to do, what they want to be (not cut their wings)

2. and at the same time set limits because they are social animals and they will have to live in harmony with the other human beings and their environment.

Sorry Gérard and thanks for reminding  me !

Admin

Message  Admin le Ven 28 Aoû - 14:05

Thanks!
Admin
Admin

Message  gerardM le Ven 28 Aoû - 14:52

Florent,

As Muriel wrote it, Americans are very careful about this point. American ladies were "leading the country" during WWI, working in armaments plants and they demanded respect.
So there's no precedence of masculine over feminine. Americans don't use his or her unless it is obvious; instead there are several ways:
- he/she, him/her, his/her
- (s)he, him/her, his/her
- they created new pronouns but I forgot them (I posted this here 1 or 2 months ago)
- the most common method is to use the "plural" pronouns: they, them their.
Americans respect this point and it's a mistake to choose "he" (the French tend to make the mistake).

On the other hand, it's not true that English speaking people use neutral when there's no obvious gender.
If they usually use "it" for babies", they easily use "she" for things they like such as cats, dogs, cars, boats.
Except for human beings (sexism issue) Americans are very flexible about grammar (I mean the rules are not strict and they won't frawn). A consequence is that English speaking people won't point out the mistake but this will be a clue about your sexism.

gerardM

How can we understand the mysterious idea of serendipity?

Message  gerardM le Ven 19 Mai - 13:50

Howdy.

Scientific American

How can we understand the mysterious idea of serendipity?

Harnessing Serendipity
Innovation is critical to sustained economic growth—and mathematics can help us understand how it works 
BLOGS.SCIENTIFICAMERICAN.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB le Sam 20 Mai - 20:57

Gérard for me is a bit like Jung's syncronicity
https://www.amazon.fr/Synchronicity-Connecting-Principle-C-Jung-ebook/dp/B00CDV19J0
To Jung, synchonicity is a meaningful coincidence in time, a psychic factor which is independant of space and time. This revolutionary concept of synchronicity both challenges and complements the physicist's classical view of casualty. It also forces is to a basic reconsideration of the meaning of chance, probability, coincidence and the singular events in our lives.

Admin

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant