Carl Jung quotes

Carl Jung quotes

Message  MurielB le Sam 23 Juin - 22:44

Carl Yung a écrit:Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Carl Jung quotes

Message  MurielB le Sam 23 Juin - 22:56

Hi everyone
 That quote from Jung is a bit strange isn't it ? Does that mean that what we think about the solid face of the world isn't true; Is it the other way round ? According to Jung it is obvious that the inner world is the solid face of the world. In that sense are we all interconnected ?
Collective unconscious (German: kollektives Unbewusstes), a term coined by Carl Jung, refers to structures of the unconscious mind which are shared among beings of the same species. According to Jung, the human collective unconscious is populated by instincts and by archetypes: universal symbols such as The Great Mother, the Wise Old Man, the Shadow, the Tower, Water, the Tree of Life, and many more.

Admin

Message  CharlesRM le Mer 4 Juil - 22:37

Hi Muriel, I think he is saying that what we see in our outer experience is a projection of our psyche. By focusing on the source of our experience rather than its effects we become aware of the process and can influence it. We light a candle in the darkness of our own hearts to see the way.

As the German poet Goethe wrote :

Ach, so viele tausend Menschen kennen, 

Dumpf sich treibend, kaum ihr eigen Herz, 

Schweben zwecklos hin und her und rennen 

Hoffnungslos in unversehnem Schmerz

(Ah ! Tant de milliers d’hommes connaissent à peine
Dans leur agitation obscure, leur propre cœur,
Flottent sans but de çà de là, et soudain affolés
Courent sous l’aiguillon de douleurs imprévues)

CharlesRM

Langues : Anglais (Langue maternelle) , Fr, Es,it

Message  MurielB le Mer 4 Juil - 23:10

CharlesRM a écrit:Hi Muriel, I think he is saying that what we see in our outer experience is a projection of our psyche. By focusing on the source of our experience rather than its effects we become aware of the process and can influence it. We light a candle in the darkness of our own hearts to see the way.
Tx for making it clearer. i like your explanation.

Admin

Message  corneille le Dim 8 Juil - 11:56

corneille

Lieu : calais
Langues : Fr(Langue mater) Gb, Esp, It de

Message  MurielB le Dim 8 Juil - 23:48

Tx Corneille, i like that quote because it is important to keep growing into the self that has meaning for us

Admin