Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Facebook Twitter Google etc.

4 participants

Page 2 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Google Facebook Twitter

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Juin - 19:44

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

An article on a close subject:
Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Temp165
(cliquez sur l'image pour accéder à l'article du Monde)

Qu'on le veuille ou non, nos données personnelles sont enregistrées et stockées
et conservées et analysées...

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook Twitter Google etc.

Message  JeanPierreD Dim 15 Juin - 10:08

Hello Gerard
Yes I heard something on the news recently, I didn't pay much attention to, about french or european law which could force facebooks or alikes to delete personal datas on demand ...
It's almost inevitable that the informations that you release will be one day utilized, not necessarily against you but in the interest of business. Tupperare was the first to understand it ....he makes the most of your friends and family to increase its profits ...
Each internet user should know it , and release personal informations very carefully, but it must be more difficult for young people who are so keen to exchange with alikes all kind of things around the world in a kind of joyful dance on the globe and feel be part of it...
You know I don't think I am paranoiac ( I hope I'm not !) but even when at the till of Leroy-Merlin ( or wherever else) I am asked to give my postal code without any "please" ou whatever explanation, I'm getting nervous ...
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Juin - 11:37

Hi,

This one is supposed to be Bill Gates'
Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Temp169

and that one, Mark Zuckerberg's
Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Temp168

and Gandhi's
Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Temp170
I didn't know Gandhi posted on Facebook!  scratch 

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Juin - 12:25

Hello Jean-Pierre,
JeanPierreD a écrit:Hello Gerard
Yes I heard something on the news recently, I didn't pay much attention to, about french or european law which could force facebooks or alikes to delete personal datas on demand ...
It's almost inevitable that the informations that you release will be one day utilized, not necessarily against you but in the interest of business. Tupperare was the first to understand it ....he makes the most of your friends and family to increase its profits ...
Each internet user should know it , and release personal informations very carefully, but it must be more difficult for young people who are so keen to exchange with alikes all kind of things around the world in a kind of joyful dance on the globe and feel  be part of it...
You know I don't think I am paranoiac ( I hope I'm not !) but even when at the till of Leroy-Merlin ( or wherever else) I am asked to give my postal code without any "please" ou whatever explanation, I'm getting nervous ...
Many new tech US corporations are based on information and it will be very difficult to stop this.
Yes Europe is trying to tame this trend.

> french or european
Initial capital letter is mandatory: French or European

> datas on demand ...
The word "data" is already a plural (singular -in Latin- is datum; hence no "s")

> inevitable that the informations / and release personal informations very carefully
Information never takes a "s"... it is a general word that cannot be counted, a bit like the French "eau", "air" though it is possible, in French, to speak about specific "eau" e.g. l'eau d'Evian and to use a plural such as in "les eaux d'Evian et de Contrexeville" or "les eaux de la Garonne" but we usually say "pourrais-je avoir de l'eau s'il vous plait ("de" is our way to show this general meaning) ?"
So, never "s" at the end of information.

> Tupperare was the first to understand it ....he makes the most of your friends and family to increase its profits ...
You use once "He (makes)" and once "its (profits)": a company name is not a masculine but a neutral or a plural.

> keen to exchange
I thought this was a mistake but thanks to you, I learned "keen to exchange" was correct.
However, it's rather rare: the current preposition is "on" e.g. I'm keen on the idea or keen on exchanging.
NB: I wrote "I learned": this verb is regular in American English whereas it'd be "learnt" in British English.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Juin - 20:02

Bonsoir à tous,

Le nouvel Obs a publié un article sur cette appli :

-> Facebook : ce que vos posts disent de vous
Le système vient d’une équipe de chercheurs de l’université de Pennsylvanie qui se sont appuyés sur les statuts de 75.000 bénévoles, afin d’en extraire des mots qui puissent définir un langage commun à certains traits de caractère

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 16 Juin - 22:08

Hi Jean- Pierre, Gérard !
progress seems to go against confidentiality.
It's very true. I also think that there is  a generation gap. The older generation is a bit paranoiac.  Older people are frightened of Facebook and think that It represents danger. Most of them refuse to go on Facebook because it's dangerous for their private life.  The younger generation like to show everything and the more the better because they want to get a lot of" likes". .they tend to be histrionic, I mean that what they show is exaggerated and sometimes lack of truthfulness.
Anyway it's not true for everyone and Facebook draws people closer to one another.   : lovincrowne:
One day I talked to somebody who belonged to a writer club. She told me that everyone had their own way of writing a text, their own words, style and all that showed their personality.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Mar 17 Juin - 0:27

Muriel,

As you can see, machines can analyze the words and -thanks to the code inserted by a programmer (and prepared by a designer)- they (the machines) "denounce" your character better than John Doe.
... not exactly better than any human but better than Johnny...  scratch 

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 17 Juin - 8:38

Gérard
Of course I trust you ! Anyway I would very much like to check it.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  JeanPierreD Mar 24 Juin - 11:15

Thank you Gérard for the correction of my text . I have to try not to be discouraged because I see that I always make the same mistakes : initial capital letter for an adjective of country, the names from Latin or Greek origin, with no "s" but which are plural ( data, phenomena, criteria, media) or police, folk, cattle, poultry, with no "s" but are plural too, it's seems easy to be mistaken for somebody like me with à bad memory.
The difference you make Muriel between paranoia (mainly old people) versus hysteria is interesting for me, although à little rough because I know people of the older generation who are quite histrionic and a lot of people of the younger generation who are so shy that it could be a kind of paranoia . But what is interesting with all these new media is that through them you can experiment new sides of your personality
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

Message  gerardM Mer 25 Juin - 15:30

Hi Jean-Pierre,
JeanPierreD a écrit:Thank you Gérard for the correction of my text . I have to try not to be discouraged because I see that I always make the same mistakes : initial capital letter for an adjective of country,  the names from Latin or Greek origin, with no "s" but which are plural ( data, phenomena, criteria, media) or police, folk, cattle, poultry, with no "s" but are plural too, it's seems easy to be mistaken for somebody like me with à bad memory...
> Thank you Gérard for the correction of my text
You're welcome Jean-Pierre.

This problem of s/no s at the plural, of singular or plural is rather tricky in English.
As you know, "S" to mark the plural is not true of all of the languages, as for example German, Italian or others but mainly of Latin and Greek (which influenced French and English).

As you know, French is rather messy as a rule "says" that a foreign word doesn't take an "s"; another rule permits to put an "s" for the plural if the word is adopted by the French language.
So, for the singular scenario (Italian word), the plural is sometimes scenarii, sometimes scenarios, sometimes scenario  scratch 
"Media" is definitely the plural of "medium". "Media" should be a plural but... we put an accented letter and we took it as a singular with -of course- "médias" as a plural Smile

English is more respectuous of foreign languages.
So, "media" is a plural, "data" as well.
However the plural of words is sometimes tricky like in irregular words such as "mice", like in "police" which is a plural, like in "news" which is a singular, like in "sheep" the plural of which is "sheep", etc.
Nobody may laugh as French is not better.

gerardM

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Droit à l'oubli : non, Google ne supprime pas totalement les articles de ses recherches

Message  gerardM Mer 9 Juil - 19:41

Bonjour à tous,

Nous avons parlé de ce sujet dans un autre fil et j'y disais qu'il était impossible que Google supprime les écrits des imprudents sur l'Internet car ils ne lui appartiennent pas...
(j'aurais voulu continuer dans le même sujet mais je ne le retrouve pas - ce n'est pas "Google, maître du monde")

Voici la confirmation mais il y a encore du monde qui doute et pense que Google doit supprimer ; l'article montre aussi qu'il y a dans cette affaire, de l'a-peu-près (de l'aléatoire, du hasard - je ne trouve pas le mot auquel je pense) des possibilités de favoritisme de la part de Google et ça veut dire que Google va pouvoir monnayer la chose... on est capitaliste ou on ne l'est pas ! Laughing

-> Droit à l'oubli : non, Google ne supprime pas totalement les articles de ses recherches

Cette situation plaît à Google !!
Il y a des gens qui savent retourner les situations à leur bénéfice ! On croit ennuyer Google et il devient encore plus puissant  scratch

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 9 Juil - 21:43

Gérard a écrit:j'aurais voulu continuer dans le même sujet mais je ne le retrouve pas

Les sujets sont maintenant fusionnés

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 10 Juil - 21:18, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 10 Juil - 17:04

Muriel,

C'est exactement le fil que j'ai cherché quelques instants Smile
Tu as une belle patience ou une belle organisation !
Pour ma part, en tant que GenY (LOL depuis qu'un site Internet m'a dit que je vivrai jusqu'à 120 ans, je me prends pour un jeune) je n'ai pas cherché bien longtemps !
Voudrais-tu bien s'il te plaît, fusionner les échanges ? Merci.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 10 Juil - 21:20

voila qui est fait Gérard !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Jeu 10 Juil - 21:52

Thanks a lot Muriel.

gerardM

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Google autocomplete reveals exactly what people think of your state

Message  gerardM Sam 13 Fév - 19:29

Howdy.

CNET

Ouch.
(Via The Daily Dot)

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Safe_image.php?d=AQBnVY7s54jyDhMv&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn0.dailydot.com%2Fcache%2F57%2F8e%2F578e2fc62a4bad32957939f3c11c9ec9

Google autocomplete reveals exactly what people think of your state
You gotta feel for Rhode Island.
DAILYDOT.COM

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 13 Sep - 21:39

ok

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Death of the private self

Message  MurielB Lun 20 Mai - 22:48

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/31/how-facebook-robbed-us-of-our-sense-of-self
Fifteen years after Facebook’s birth, it has 2.2 billion users, Zuckerberg sits on a fortune of about $55bn (£42bn), and this week the company posted a record profit of $6.88bn for the final three months of 2018. And we know one other thing for sure: tangled up in its success is the fact that people lie about themselves on Facebook, as they do on other social media platforms.
Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 3888Fifteen years after Facebook's birth relationship between people has changed. On social networks like FB we have to be the best and the image we show is very important. We are becoming a narcissistic society and we tend to lie about ourselves. 
What do you think?

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 22 Mai - 11:20

According to psychologists, our FB profile says a lot about us.
https://munews.missouri.edu/news-releases/2013/0124-facebook-activity-reveals-clues-to-mental-illness-says-mu-researcher/
COLUMBIA, Mo. — Facebook activity provided a window into the psychological health of participants in a study at the University of Missouri. Social media profiles could eventually be used as tools for psychologists and therapists, according to study leader Elizabeth Martin, doctoral student in MU’s psychological science department in the College of Arts and Science.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Facebook : Death of the prívate self

Message  MurielB Mar 20 Aoû - 22:00

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/internet-death-privacy-google-facebook-alex-preston
A Hidalgo of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology described the Facebook news feed as "like a sausage… Everyone eats it, even though nobody knows how it is made".

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mer 21 Aoû - 16:14

Hi everyone
On Facebook there is everything: narcissists who want to give a good image of themselves, people who have an attack of depression and need to be listened to or want a free psychoanalysis, loners who need friendship and who are looking for a group, people who advertise things or ideas but why writing all that on internet?
In other words  can't we live without "Big brother watching us"?
f

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Jeu 5 Sep - 4:51

Hi

We know that Facebook makes money with our personal data, uses them to develop its own business and transfers them to the NSA. And so on.

That's still the same old problem. If you want efficiency, you need a company status and therefore you are exposed to a business abuse.

Facebook allows to meet very easily a group of friends. However, it's rare to make new friends with this social network. To my mind, it's a great disadvantage...

Remy

Message  MurielB Ven 6 Sep - 9:24

Hi Remy
The virtual world is taking over the true one. In Facebook you can lie and pretend to be what you want
Is it possible to make any friend in that way ?
All this is explained in a very interesting post=>Are you maskfishing ?

Dernière édition par MurielB le Sam 18 Fév - 9:32, édité 3 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Ven 6 Sep - 10:03

Hi Muriel,

indeed...

Personal data could be checked, probably, but it demands time and money...

Remy

Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Empty Instagram at 10. How the App changes our sense of self

Message  MurielB Jeu 17 Déc - 21:17

=>Instagram at 10: how sharing photos has entertained us, upset us – and changed our sense of self | Instagram | The Guardian
Instagram is a free online photo sharing application and social network, bought by Facebook in 2012. With Instagram, users can edit and upload photos and short videos via a mobile application.
Nowadays,  When parents appear on Facebook, young people tend to leave to discover new places like instagram where they can do what they want. 
In these virtual gathering places, they get in touch with their friends, try to find new ones and wish for a world where their parents are absent.
Anyway Based on the art of staging (necessarily advantageous) of one 's own life, the app maintains the fear of missing out on an unavoidable moment. 
It's the reason why Instagram is the most damaging social media Platform when it comes to young people's mental health.Facebook Twitter Google etc. - Page 2 Th?id=OIP.UcFUBHV5n5QnCzwENkR0PgHaDz&w=208&h=107&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 2 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant