Réflexions sur la culture et les différentes cultures, Reflexion on Culture and on the different cultures (Mixture of French and English)

Page 16 sur 16 Précédent  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Culture clash

Message  MurielB le Mer 12 Sep - 17:54

French waiter named Guillaume Rey(who, to reiterate, is French) was fired from a Canadian restaurant after being too “direct.” Rey filed a suit against the Vancouver restaurant, Milestones, in the British Columbia’s Human Rights Tribunal for “discrimination against my culture.” This is an extremely French case, indeed.

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/03/rude-french-waiter-sues-for-cultural-discrimination/amp

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: Réflexions sur la culture et les différentes cultures, Reflexion on Culture and on the different cultures (Mixture of French and English)

Message  MurielB le Mer 12 Sep - 18:32

Hi everyone !
This is a Very interesting example. The French think that the Anglosaxons can’t speak their minds and   
 never say « no » when a French person disagrees with what you're saying, or think Something could be improved, they'll tell you straight away. It's Simply not considered rude in France, it's just seen as normal;

Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 16 sur 16 Précédent  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16