What's waiting for us after Death

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

What's waiting for us after Death

Message  Teilhard le Lun 31 Jan - 16:28

In my age, the main question guessing me is: What‘s waiting me (us), after death. You may say to me how it is absurd, idiot, nonsense, trying to resolve such a puzzle. For has anyone ever come back from Heaven? Yes, Spiritualisms say they are able to talk to spirits across tables; But isn’t pure fancy for a Cartesian mind. It can be a way of manipulation. For instance, you know that one says to young Muslims manipulated by fundamentalism, and driven to explode, burst themselves in particularly crowded places, have the promise that in paradise, they would get immediately find at their disposal ninety nine young virgins. (Brainwash!). MY FATHER was convinced that after his death he will join his mother, dad and all family. In my point of view, by chance could we be located beside A. Hitler, Polpot or other serial killers. An uncle of mine would prefer reach hell because he said joking, There, I’ll never get cold. Some theologians underline that hell exists but it is empty. (Perfect goodness of God). I shan’t speak about N.D.E. (near death experiences). Vision of soul taking off to a large tunnel with a bright light in the button of it, may be due to disturbances of brain metabolism switching off! But people who have experimented N.D.E. such as C.G.Jung get out from that with a peaceful, unified sensation. He was no more afraid for death. The question is why this Universe seems to have work for so many times if for nothing. A book titled the face of God emphasize that parameters of our Cosmos are so finely tuned, such as if a mysterious entity, a thought, hypo stated under, and informing each atomic particle was (by chance mixed with determinism) ruling the all world. This is an opinion shared, by most of quantum mechanics physicists and an explanation for the fact that human's mind have at its disposal liberty of thoughts. Nevertheless, this is a good thing! And that's why: I would respect every one’s liberty of thought upon the question what’s happening after death.
Teilhard

Lieu : Sans (Lille)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Life after Death

Message  MurielB le Lun 31 Jan - 18:55

You like to write about very serious subjects don't you Teilhard? congratulations for writing in english. But what you say deserves afterthought scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Re: What's waiting for us after Death

Message  gerardM le Mar 1 Fév - 0:00

Hi Jean-Luc, Muriel, hi everyone,

Thanks for your message!

Your subject is very interesting.
It's very serious and personally, till someone doesn't promise me exact things about something beyond death, I'm rather practical and prefer to stay on this beloved Earth. Smile
gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

beloved earth

Message  Teilhard le Ven 4 Fév - 18:42

I'm not sure that earth is beloved by many people: our planet is so much polluted; its resources are becaming exhausted. Only one part of human brain is working it's the predator 's one which you can is located at the very basis of the enceplalon(under the fourth ventricle) !Is there another world's Soul?
Teilhard

Message  gerardM le Sam 5 Fév - 0:24

Hi Jean-Luc, hi everyone,

I do hope many people love our Earth.
I agree Earth is far from being perfect. We have to fight, I'm doing my best to respect and protect it.

However, I enjoy taking advantage of the marvel Earth is, walking on paths, in the middle of the country far from smoke and cars and in front of wonderful landscapes.
gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://volangues.blogspot.com/

what I indulge my mind to think about?

Message  Teilhard le Mer 16 Fév - 16:36

After spending nearly fifty years learning studying mainly scientific medical literature; I have had enough! Since I'm retired, I have changed radically my reading subjects. Now I indulge myself in weird tale or experiment! A little bit fed up with positivist, determinist, mechanistic, scientist even Cartesian way of considers the world; I plunge in fancier one. For instance I’m reading J.K ROWLING? Who is she? Of course she‘s the writer of Harry Potter novel (H.P. and the Philosopher stone; half blood prince; and the deathly Hallows). As you see I read it in English original text!
Also, I read mystic passages books. For some people it seems to be a rather silly literature (and laugh) because psychoanalysts theories mysticism such as sublimation of erotic drive! Moreover isn’t a denial of all paradigms upon which we in France have built our way of thinking and philosophizing! As you know I’m rather interested by Quantum mechanics witch takes place at subatomic level of matter Now, it becomes impossible to have a materialistic point of view upon our world. Transcendence blends with matter. And none could say neither if we think nor if we are thought! After ways of aferthought based upon evidence and analysis,would humans of XXIth century be interested by other ways of thought represented by an opposite, synthetizing,and unifying one. This may explicate the very etymologic sense of the world Universe (versus Unum) which goes towards Unity! For instance, that’s why J. Lennon sings in the end of his song Imagine “And the world will be One'!
Could I understand that it would be a fancy comparable with H. Potter? But that is what I indulge my mind to think about!
$
Teilhard

Hereafter.

Message  nicolasM le Mar 22 Fév - 21:42

There currently is a movie about this topic !

The film "Hereafter" was directed by Clint Eastwood and the main actor is Matt Damon.
The story is about an american man (Matt Damon) who's able to comunicate with dead people. This man used to make a lot of money by using his special skills, but he decided to stop his activity in order to lead a normal life. After a bad experience, he made the decision to take long holidays in London, where he'll meet a female french writer (Cécile De france) whose life has been transformed after she had known a tragic Near Death Experience in Asia. He'll also help a London scholl boy (Bryce Dallas Howard) talk to his dead brother, who was killed in a car crash.

I enjoyed watching this movie in the cinema, and would encourage anyone interested in the topic to go and see it. This is a quiet movie, that sometimes feels dramatic or sad. But after watching it, you'll feel relaxed and quite relieved about what there might be in hereafter.
nicolasM

Lieu : calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle) , Gb, De

Message  MurielB le Mar 22 Fév - 22:10

Hello Nicolas
Thank you for your interesting comment. I agree with you, it is a good film though critics are not good Sad
If you like to see on january 22nd, I have already written about this film.
Merci de me faire part des grosses fautes dans mes messages en langue étrangère. Grâce à vos remarques, je pourrai m'améliorer :-)
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut