Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

American Service

2 participants

American Service Empty American Service

Message  gerardM Dim 8 Sep - 22:51

Hi everyone,

I'm presently watching Capital on M6.

I posted several times here about Service in America or Great Britain and the poor situation in France.
People who follow Olivier Giraud's shows on Facebook, at the Théâtre des Variétés in Paris (he also plays in London) or in my articles here, know this.

The examples in Capital, M6, were taken from hair-cutting.
Low cost hair-styling, salons located in Airports, in the Métro in Paris, in train stations, etc. where people are and at the time clients need it.
That's it! Service in the American style is arriving in France.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

American Service Empty Re: American Service

Message  gerardM Dim 8 Sep - 23:31

Hi,

The boss who was interviewed on M6 said hair cutting is expensive in France for lots of reasons.

- clients go to the hairdresser's once every third month instead of every second month a year back
- salons don't have many clients
- cost is mainly labour's
- inactivity (lack of clients) is paid by effective clients
- prices are too high
- to prevent people from calculating the price per hour, hairdressers slow down intentionally, for example cutting again and several times the same position, giving the impression to be very careful and busy; for example chatting more giving the impression to be very nice

- salons are not open when clients need it
- salons are not on the spot clients would like

Most hair cuts (for a man or a woman) can be performed in 6 minutes.

Let's calculate: about 20 euros (man) for 6 minutes -> 200 euros for an hour
Let's go on calculating: 7,000 for a week -> about 28,000 euros per month
Calculate for a lady: €30-40 for a haircut...

Service launched in France at 10 euros for a haircut: half price for the client, still good benefit for the boss. Finding clients, filling salons is the problem of the boss.

This is the example of hairdressing.

I let you calculate the hour price of a car mecanic: I know they'll say workers have to be more and more qualified... do you believe this? On the opposite, car mecanics usually change the item and never repair.
BTW, do you remember: in addition to high hour rates, every hour begun is due entirely ;-)
You pay the parts (a tiny defect, a big part is replaced), you pay the labour (high rate, more hours than needed)

Can you find examples in other areas?

American/British Service comes to France.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Lun 9 Sep - 9:05

gerardM a écrit:Hi,

The boss who was interviewed on M6 said hair cutting is expensive in France for lots of reasons.

Hi Gérard, everyone
Il have a good tip for hair-dressing. Patrick does it for me and it lasts 2 minutes.Very Happy

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  gerardM Lun 9 Sep - 18:59

Wow! A new career ahead! Wink

gerardM