Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Children's games

3 participants

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

children s games - Children's games - Page 2 Empty Re: Children's games

Message  Laure62 Jeu 2 Mar - 10:28

Hello

It's my first intervention, I hope you'll be indulgent !
I found this subject very interesting. Every morning, with my pupils, we work on English vocabulary. Each period, I choose a theme.
To keep words in memory I use Kim's game. We work in the grouping place. I make a lot of flashcards (without writing, I work in an infant school). These cards are fixed on the black board and pupils try to keep all the images in memory. Then, I hide a card and pupils must guess what card is missing. They must use the corresponding vocabulary.
The Kim's game is always in agreement with a song: This is a cat, Ten in the bed..

Si vous voyez de grosses erreurs, merci de me le dire, vous m'aiderez à avancer.
Si François me lisait...il ferait sûrement cette tête  affraid
Laure62
Laure62

Lieu : Liévin
Langues : Français(l.maternelle) Anglais

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  gerardM Jeu 2 Mar - 11:29

Hi Laure.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for your message, it's very interesting.

For those who want to know more about Kim's game:
-> En Wikipedia -Kim's Game
-> Fr Wikipedia -Jeu de Kim
-> How to Play Kim's Game?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  MurielB Jeu 2 Mar - 21:38

Hi laure
As, with your pupils,  you work on vocabulary, you can play "I spy". Gérard has already mentioned that game. 

Dernière édition par MurielB le Jeu 2 Mar - 21:57, édité 4 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Message  MurielB Jeu 2 Mar - 21:50

Hi Laure
To teach them the human body vocabulary here is also a good song. As Gérard has written on the forum there are lots of nursery rhymes for kids

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Ven 3 Mar - 17:48

Here are some action songs

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

children s games - Children's games - Page 2 Empty Action songs with fingers

Message  MurielB Ven 3 Mar - 17:54

Open Shut Them

Open shut them
Open shut them
Give a little clap, clap, clap

Open shut them
Open shut them
Lay them on your lap, lap, lap

Creep them creep them
Creep them creep them
Right up to your chin, chin, chin
Open wide your little mouth
But do not let them in

Shake them shake them
Shake them shake them
Shake them
Just like this, this, this
Roll them roll them
Roll them roll them Roll
And blow a little kiss
Muach!

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Sam 4 Mar - 12:17

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Laure62 Sam 4 Mar - 21:28

Hi
Thanks for these songs. It's very funny ! Next period, i will use the action song
Laure62
Laure62

Message  MurielB Sam 4 Mar - 23:38

Hi Laura
I am pleased you find these songs useful for your job.To-day I was with 2 of my grand children aged 6 and a half and 3 . We sang (The older one and I) a lot of English songs with my tablet. Some of them are easy to understand.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

children s games - Children's games - Page 2 Empty What do you think about my game ?

Message  Laure62 Mer 15 Mar - 7:28

Hi,

For my training in English, i must create a game and explain the rules. Can you tell me if there are big mistakes ?

Penguin’s game is a collective board game. You need the board game, many fish figurines and one pawn per player. To play this game, you have to be four or five players. I create this game for pupils of nursery school when I was on training to prepare the teacher’s exams. I was working on the album Deux manchots sur un glaçon from Jean Leroy, with pupils of four and five years old, and I wanted to work on mathematic skills.

children s games - Children's games - Page 2 ManchotsJL

This game allows to use numbers up to six, through numerical writings, dice representations, organized collections or finger collections. The playing time is about twenty minutes. The difficulty of this game is that pupils must compare four or five collections, they must use strategies other than that used to compare two collections.
To win, you must have the largest amount of fish. At the beginning of the game, each participant is on start space and a heap of fish is placed next to the board game.
Each pupil roll the dice and the smallest number begins. Players take turns to roll the dice and moved their piece forward by the number of the dice. If the illustration is a number, you must take the corresponding number of fish.
There are special spaces. If the illustration on the space is, the orca, the submarine or the boat, you must give back all fishes. If you arrived on the dice, you must roll the dice again. On the stop space, you must skip your turn.
When all pupils are on the arrival, they must count their fishes. The player with the highest number of fish won.
It is possible to modify rules to adapt them to the pupils, to stay in a positive evaluation. For kids in difficulty with the numerical song, you can use numbers up to three. Generally, the transition from three to four is difficult. For pupils who have facilities you can use numbers up to ten. For more complications, you can use two dices.

children s games - Children's games - Page 2 Zwii

Thank you in advance.
Laure62
Laure62
Laure62

Message  gerardM Mer 15 Mar - 14:52

Hi Laure,
In my humble opinion...
In English as well as in French, you must respect the agreement of tenses e.g. in the same sentence we get "I create this game" then "when I was on training"; several similar mistakes regarding present and past.
The plural of "fish" can be "fish" or "fishes": okay but not both - make a choice and keep homogeneity.
The plural of "dice" is "dice": you used "dices" somewhere.
> Each pupil roll the dice
... "rolls".
> Players take turns to roll the dice and moved their piece forward
Why the past "moved"?
> The player with the highest number of fish won.
Why the past "won"?
> For pupils who have facilities
"Facilities" is not appropriate in this context.
HTH

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Message  Laure62 Mer 15 Mar - 18:51

Thank you for this quick answer !!!
It will make me progress Smile

Laure62
Laure62

Message  MurielB Lun 20 Mar - 21:24

congratulations for your game Laure62. I am very pleased that Gérard helped you to improve it. I am not very good at finding people 's mistakes but I can tell you how I manage to make my 5 grand children love English
I am back from Lyon where my little one (aged 11 months) lives. As her parents say that tablets are no good for under 5 Young children, she has got plenty of touch and listen English audio books for toddlers and babies.  I can't find the name in English and neither can my daugher when she orders them on line. Those who can help us are welcome of course  Very Happy They are very good for Young children  who can touch and press the button without any help.
The one (A little girl) who is 3 years old will spend next week with us. She has started English with the nursery rhymes and cartoons we can find on YouTube. As she is very good at "memory"(better than me) i have bought 2 assimil games in English "assimemor" and i can't wait to try them with her. Her brother was in England from two to four and was completely bilingual when he came back and it's a great pleasure for me to have a conversation with him in English. The girl who looks after them when their parents are not home also speaks in English with them. The one aged nine was not interested in English until he met Gogo. It was a true miracle.(you can find that cartoon on YouTube) His sister aged eleven and a half now understands fairly complicated films. I must say that the older ones ' grand parents on their father side live in Manchester and are British. It helps a lot of course.
If those advices prove good for those who want their children or grand children to speak English, I'll be very pleased. Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Ven 22 Fév - 22:03

Hi Gérard, Laure
Here is a nice counting rhyme my grandson has just taught me