Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

11 Things Modern Languages Students Know To Be True

11 Things Modern Languages Students Know To Be True Empty 11 Things Modern Languages Students Know To Be True

Message  gerardM Mer 16 Avr - 19:11

Hi everyone,

-> 11 Things Modern Languages Students Know To Be True
Students choose to study Modern Languages for a variety of reasons: because it combines learning a language with literature, because it is an opportunity to travel, or maybe just because they are passionate about a certain country.
Whatever the reason may be, one thing is certain: Modern Languages students will all get to travel across the world in their third year while pretending to study hard.
1. People do not seem aware that you study both languages and literature.
2. Erasmus will not make you fluent in the language you are studying.
3. WordReference and JSTOR are your best friends.
4. People underestimate the usefulness of the language you are studying.
5. Hypothetical Clauses are a nightmare.
6. You will try to impress your significant other with your language skills during trips abroad.
7. Your will use WordReference and Google Translate for your homework and wonder how you will survive without it during exams.
8. Finding anything new to say about books that have been studied for 500 years is impossible.
9. People will tell you your degree is easy.
10. People will assume you want to teach or become a translator.
11. You will read most of the books in English first.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas