Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later

5 participants

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty « Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later

Message  MurielB Mar 23 Sep - 21:21

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that my darling wife Stella died over
the weekend.
Le mot de John a été comme un coup de tonnerre et nous a laissés abasourdis !

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 5 Avr - 7:25, édité 5 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty "Our dear Stella" Le 19 septembre 2014 calais

Message  Invité Mer 24 Sep - 20:09

Bonsoir,

C'est avec une grande tristesse que j'apprends cette nouvelle...
Je parlais si bien avec John et Stella, lorsque j'etais a Calais. L'emotion est vraiment intense, je suis vraiment abasourdie par la nouvelle egalement.
Muriel, je vais t'envoyer un message prive, si tu pouvais me repondre rapidement, merci beaucoup.
Je souhaitais me rendre a la ceremonie, mais il m'est impossible de me liberer, malheureusement.

Beaucoup de nos chers membres partent, c'est tellement triste de perdre un membre de notre famille polyglotte a Calais encore une fois.

Courage a tous.

Marine

Invité
Invité

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty covoiturage

Message  domdomz Jeu 25 Sep - 10:45

J'ai 3 places libres dans ma voiture au départ de Calais vers 11h vendredi pour aller dire au revoir à Stella et surtout encourager John...
Contactez-moi si vous êtes intéressé(e)s
domdomz
domdomz

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle) , Gb

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty Re: « Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later

Message  Remy Jeu 25 Sep - 19:21

Oui, c'est bien triste...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty As a tribute to Stella

Message  JeanPierreD Mar 30 Sep - 0:06

John and Stella were often the first to arrive at the café-polyglot…
Like me, I don’t like to be late somewhere …
Or perhaps is it because I don’t like to feel obliged to say hello to people who are still sitting and chatting ;  kind of shyness perhaps ..

I was always warmly welcomed by Stella and John. When Stella was absent, I was always asking about her. John always tried to reassure but one day I saw some kind of worry in his eyes.
Recently Stella spent some days at the hospital but we welcomed her with a great pleasure the following Tuesday, because she was there, as she has always been there,  with John !
I was relieved but since then  I had a worry in my mind …
John and Stella were often sitting around a glass of wine…
It shows among good drink and food how much our country is beloved by  some English people who choose to spend their retirement among us . So was it for John and Stella. One day Stella told me her story from her very young age, and why they chose this special place of Calais.
I was not at the beginning of the café polyglot, but I think John and Stella were, and they had a very special place … as native English of course but especially for their kindness.
John and Stella… John was always with Stella, how shall we be able to say John without Stella…
I hope John will have all the support he needs now without his wife Stella.
I always thought it must have been a blessing to have such a name :« Stella » . Stella has gone but a new star is now in the sky...
JeanPierreD
JeanPierreD

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty Re: « Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later

Message  MurielB Dim 5 Oct - 22:36

Jean pierre a écrit:Stella has gone but a new star is now in the sky...
Such a nice and comforting way to say that she is still there among us ! you are a poet Jean-Pierre !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  FlyingDutchman Jeu 9 Oct - 17:06

MurielB a écrit:
Jean pierre a écrit:Stella has gone but a new star is now in the sky...
Such a nice and comforting way to say that she is still there among us ! you are a poet Jean-Pierre !

I totally agree, beautiful
FlyingDutchman
FlyingDutchman

Lieu : Le Touquet
Langues : Neerlandais (langue maternelle), Fr, Gb

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty Re: "Our dear Stella" Le 19 septembre 2014 calais

Message  Invité Mer 15 Oct - 20:44

Good Evening Everyone,

I just read Jean-Pierre message. And it was really beautiful.

I miss Stella, I sent my wishes to John. I miss Stella, but as Jean-Pierre said, she's now a new star in our sky, one of the most shiny probably, with her wonderful smile that illuminated my day all the time when I came to the cafe in Calais.

She was a wonderful woman, John is a very nice man and I hope that he is well...

I hope that everything is fine with you all. x

Invité
Invité

Message  MurielB Ven 17 Oct - 19:36

John vous remercie beaucoup pour tous les messages qui lui ont été droit au cœur
Thank you for the emails.  I have had them printed so that I can keep them with other cards
and letters.   I am very touched that so many people expressed such beautiful feelings for
Stella.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later Empty Her husband john’s funeral will be on Monday 8th April 2014 (10 years later)

Message  MurielB Ven 5 Avr - 5:15

« Our dear Stella died over the weekend »19th September 2014, her husband John joined her 10 years later 39409c10

Dernière édition par MurielB le Ven 5 Avr - 6:44, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Ven 5 Avr - 6:33

Sincere condolences to his family. John was a nice guy, whose humour, typically english, was hilarious.
May he rest in peace.

Remy

Message  MurielB Jeu 11 Avr - 14:33

Here is a beautiful poem an English friend read during the ceremony 

MurielB
MurielB
Admin