Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Thalys attack - Will things be changed?

3 participants

Thalys attack - Will things be changed? Empty Thalys attack - Will things be changed?

Message  gerardM Dim 23 Aoû - 23:30

Howdy.

I'm sure you heard about this oodles of times recently. Smile

Things changed so often...
In the beginning there were 2 American soldiers, one of them "recognizing the well-known noise of a Kalashnikov as he just came from Afghanistan."
Then they were 3 then 4 then 5...
The latest news told me there were 6... sure everyone wants to be said a hero (a train controller is said to have helped capture the guy).

6 chrnologically = 1 French+American guy (who wants to stay incognito) in front of the toilet waiting for the guy because he heard metallic noises, 1 French guy (teacher) who picked up the rifle and who was severely wounded by a gun, then 1 big American when the Kalashnikov jammed (who was hit by a cutter), then I don't know well between 2 other Americans and 1 Brit living in southern France.

The "Big American" coming back from Afghanistan is described as the hero because he immobilized the terrorist and got cutter pokes.
But it's the French teacher who is the most severely wounded and he jumped as #2.

OK I admire them all.
However the Americans and the Brit began to hide down and it's when the Kakashnikov jammed that the Am#2 said to Am#1 to rush.

To me the hero is the French-American, the first guy who tried to catch the terrorist when he went off the toilet and convinced others to join.

What would have you done?
I don't know what I would have been able to do.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Thalys attack - Will things be changed? Empty Re: Thalys attack - Will things be changed?

Message  gerardM Dim 23 Aoû - 23:40

I'm very disturbed by this story.
There are many questions in my mind.

No, the American guys didn't rush to save everyone but they quickly understood that they would be killed themselves if they didn't go and this kind of stuff becomes common in the US.
No, the French trains cannot be more protected because this HighSpeed train comes after schools, museums, churches, temples, mosques, newspaper offices, etc.

If the police and soldiers want to protect everything written, above plus airports, plus train stations, etc. the terrorists will attack elsewhere, for sure!
In fact, danger is now everywhere and this means everybody has to get ready.

Are Americans right with their carrying guns or riffles?
Is America ahead with its frequent shootings?
Are the NSA and its counterparts in other countries right with their spying the whole world?

Are we going back to tribes? Shall we live only with people we trust?

scratch

gerardM

Thalys attack - Will things be changed? Empty Re: Thalys attack - Will things be changed?

Message  MurielB Lun 24 Aoû - 22:34

What would have you done?
I don't know what I would have been able to do.
Gérard we can't predict anything, nor our reactions, nor what we would do.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM Lun 24 Aoû - 23:41

I guess I would have hesitated for a few seconds as I'm a senior but I would have understood I wouldn't be safe; if I had seen the Kalashnikov blocked and other people rushing I'd have rushed as well.

I wrote I was diturbed... I guess the world will change: shall we wear weapons?
Everyone will have to cope with their own security or the security of our tribe.

I'm very angry at politicians who are unable to lead the world they are organizing... I'm also very angry at politicians who keep claiming a stock-exchange crash like 1929 could occur no longer!!

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 25 Aoû - 13:42

I'm very angry at politicians who are unable to lead the world they are organizing...
Gérard how can politicians manage our lives since they can't manage theirs ? Do you remember what you wrote on that very forum ?

Thalys attack - Will things be changed? 9k=

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB Mar 25 Aoû - 13:58

There is another solution
 "Think globally, act locally"

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mar 25 Aoû - 14:20

MurielB a écrit:
I'm very angry at politicians who are unable to lead the world they are organizing...
Gérard how can politicians manage our lives since they can't manage theirs ?...
Isn't it their job?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 25 Aoû - 16:32

Gérard it's very difficult to be a good politician

• They must have the skills and competencies in all sort of fields (politics, economy etc.)
  • They must be visionary (Very important in our modern world which is changing so fast around us)
  • They must bring out all their citizens ' energy irrespective of their political complexion.
  • They must have a good morality because if they lie in private, they also lie in public

=> very difficult to find a good one then. scratch

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 25 Aoû - 21:34, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy Mar 25 Aoû - 20:15

Hello,

Sure, politicians must have many qualities. However, politicians are not alone. They are helped by many team members and are advised by experts. But they decide alone.

Of course, they must work hard, understand advises, but mainly they decide according to political reasons; they don't want to anger their electors nor their allies.

A State Politician is able to sacrifice himself - and sometimes also his political party - for the good of the nation...

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb