Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dawn French Fan Club 2

3 participants

Page 23 sur 39 Précédent  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Suivant

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Dawn French Fan Club 2

Message  gerardM Mer 11 Mai - 19:47

A small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand in a trial--a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy. And frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Williams, do you know the defense attorney?"
She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, he has a drinking problem. The man can't build anormal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."
At this point, the judge rapped the courtroom to silence and called both counselors to the bench. In a very quiet voice, he said with menace, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, you'll be in jail for contempt within 5 minutes!"

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  MurielB Mer 11 Mai - 21:59

In that context "contempt" is an open disrespect or willful disobedience of the authority of a court of law or legislative body.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Message  gerardM Ven 13 Mai - 12:19

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13179049_1105901066134289_4068761136364786595_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 13 Mai - 20:08

Thanks a lot Gérard ! we will enjoy every minute of it !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 13 Mai - 22:20

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13096229_1107788415945554_8802779202441287272_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Mai - 10:26

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13165847_1107789762612086_1480959443997763256_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Mai - 10:42

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13087918_1107789652612097_9159009162884051084_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Mai - 19:49

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13179224_1107790519278677_4874571212380637663_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 14 Mai - 21:42

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13178902_1108867322504330_958713850740062691_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Sam 14 Mai - 22:04

Life is beautiful if you know where to look !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Mai - 11:06

Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.
Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house.
He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jillian"
He stumbles into the kitchen and sure enough, there is a hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee, and the morning newspaper all waiting for him. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son... what happened last night?"
"Well, you came home after 3 in the morning, drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."
Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me?"
His son replies, "Oh THAT! Well, Mum dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed, 'Leave me alone, I'm married!'"

>you puked in the hallway
Another word... English speaking people have oodles of words due to their "culture": bring up, puke, vomit, throw up, etc
"Hallway" is rather American.

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 15 Mai - 14:21

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13174229_1108870879170641_4139522329321073848_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Mai - 17:31

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13245240_1108873475837048_8791268469131034761_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Lun 16 Mai - 17:40

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13221750_1108872612503801_2894724609320065529_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mar 17 Mai - 20:34

yes everyone is right according to their view points. What is great is "Exchange and communication" because they teach us how to see the world with different glasses. keep in mind that when somebody expresses a view point different from yours they broaden your mind Very Happy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Ven 20 Mai - 11:20

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13221702_1108872989170430_7002588500691554588_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Ven 20 Mai - 17:43

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13267719_1112049362186126_2859071506020417061_n

gerardM

Message  MurielB Ven 20 Mai - 18:19

gerardM a écrit:
Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.
Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table. And, next to them, a single red rose! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean. So is the rest of the house.
He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror. Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make your favorite dinner tonight. I love you, darling! Love, Jillian"
He stumbles into the kitchen and sure enough, there is a hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee, and the morning newspaper all waiting for him. His son is also at the table, eating. Jack asks, "Son... what happened last night?"
"Well, you came home after 3 in the morning, drunk and out of your mind. You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."
Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me?"
His son replies, "Oh THAT! Well, Mum dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed, 'Leave me alone, I'm married!'"

>you puked in the hallway
Another word... English speaking people have oodles of words due to their "culture": bring up, puke, vomit, throw up, etc
"Hallway" is rather American.

good Guy

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Sam 21 Mai - 14:51

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13254139_1112050565519339_4098284358458923760_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 21 Mai - 14:55

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13241331_1112050385519357_5892385480290100659_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 21 Mai - 14:56

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13254065_1112049982186064_4444163643510328518_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 21 Mai - 22:23

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13256497_1112051638852565_4687691815319493488_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 22 Mai - 15:13

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 13241294_1112054688852260_1885565282778770549_n

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 22 Mai - 15:27

An 85-year-old couple, after being married for almost 60 years, died in a car crash. They had been in good health the last ten years, mainly due to her interest in health food and exercising. When they reached the Pearly Gates, St. Peter took them to their mansion, which was decked out with a beautiful kitchen, master bath suite and a Jacuzzi. As they looked around, the old man asked St. Peter how much all this was going to cost.
'It's free,' St. Peter replied, 'this is Heaven.'
Next, they went out in the back yard to survey the championship-style golf course that the home was located on. They would have golfing privileges every day and each week, the course changed to a new one representing the great golf courses on earth.
The old man asked, 'What are the green fees?'
St. Peter replied, 'This is heaven, you play for free.'
Next, they went to the club house and saw the lavish buffet lunch with the cuisine's of the World laid out.
'How much to eat?' asked the old man.
'Don't you understand yet? This is heaven, it is free!' St. Peter replied, with some exasperation.
'Well, where are the low fat and low cholesterol tables?' the old man asked timidly.
St. Peter lectured, 'That's the best part - you can eat as much as you like of whatever you like and you never get fat and you never get sick. This is Heaven.'
With that, the old man went into a fit of anger, throwing down his hat and stomping on it, and screaming wildly. St. Peter and his wife both tried to calm him down, asking him what was wrong.
The old man looked at his wife and said, 'This is all your fault! If it weren't for your blasted bran muffins and exercise, I could have been here ten years ago!'

gerardM

Message  gerardM Dim 22 Mai - 15:31

Dawn French Fan Club 2 - Page 23 Safe_image.php?d=AQDoQcfwckqYd-Fo&w=476&h=249&url=http%3A%2F%2Fviralslot.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F03%2F2015-03-20-2-07-47-AM

American Tourist Taunts An Australian. This Is Gold.
Perfect.
VIRALSLOT.COM

gerardM

Page 23 sur 39 Précédent  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Suivant