Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

COP21 at Dauphine

2 participants

COP21 at Dauphine Empty COP21 at Dauphine

Message  gerardM Sam 24 Oct - 0:10

Hi everyone,

At one month from the big meeting, here and there roundtables are organized.

Yesterday I could attend 3 roundtables at the University of Paris-Dauphine: very exciting talks indeed!

- La transition énergétique, quel horizon ?
- Climat versus croissance : qui va perdre ? qui va gagner ?
- La croissance doit-elle être verte ?

-> Forum Energie
-> U-Dauphine
-> Engie
-> Olivier Pastré

Opened by Pierre Moscovici, led by Jean-Marie Chevalier and Gérard Mestrallet, run by Hedwige Chevrillon.

Around the tables were U-teachers, industrials, economists, financiers.
I was so happy to meet my friend Jérôme Pécresse (Valérie's husband) I worked with for a decade.

NB: Theresa P. Lazaro, Ambassadeur des Philippines en France was not there, she was replaced by Chakib Benmoussa, the Ambassador of Morocco (Morocco will organize the meeting #22).

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

COP21 at Dauphine Empty Re: COP21 at Dauphine

Message  gerardM Sam 24 Oct - 0:30

Howdy.

Among financiers, there were 2 persons: Didier Borowski & X (I don't remember his name) working in 2 French pension fund organizations.
They taught me something very interesting.

- Didier Borowski was focused on sectors and companies liked by young generations stating that the money they are dealing with is the money that these young generations will get in several decades

- the other guy said they were considering, and filtering, and sorting companies involved in Energy transition because the others won't exist any more!

I liked both points!

gerardM

Message  gerardM Sam 24 Oct - 1:20

Howdy.

Here's an article published by Le Revenu: Bourse : achetez les sociétés qui plaisent aux 18-35 ans
Interesting no? Anton Kunin didn't wait for long.

gerardM

Message  Remy Sam 24 Oct - 14:17

The aim is to force companies to adapt to energy transition, by fixing a price for carbon dioxide. But this price should be different according to each country.

Remy

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Sam 24 Oct - 15:28

Hi Remy,
The price of Carbon is not at the agenda of COP21; the French will try to push and get a few words about it but it's difficult though necessary.

gerardM