Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

London in my eyes (in English)

2 participants

London in my eyes (in English) Empty London in my eyes (in English)

Message  Yaya Dim 30 Juil - 21:05

Hello everyone,
This is Yaya. I've just finished my 4-days trip in London and back to Calais yesterday.
As a Taiwanese who has lived in Taipei for more than 20 years, I am used to the terribly traffic chaos.Laughing  But since I arrived in Europe(I've visited Berlin, Nuremberg, Lille, Calais, Brussel and Brugge) I found that pedestrians are privileged here and cars always give precedence to pedestrians. Although sometimes the pedestrians run the red light, everything seems in order. I feel safe when walking on the street. Nevertheless, I got shock when I was in London. It was like back to Taiwan. Nobody(pedestrians) respected the traffic light and the cars were violent. Besides, I don't understand why we drive and walk on left side but stand on right side on escalators. Question  During the 4 days in London, I was always afraid of walking on the wrong side and also afraid of the cars on the street.
Nonetheless, London is still a magnificent city to visit. And I think it is really convenient and friendly for a new traveller who takes his or her first trip in foreign country. Everything marks clearly so it is hard to get lost. We can even see the sign of "look left" or "look right" on the road when we wanna cross the street. Last but not least, British accent is sooooo lovable. drunken drunken drunken

Yaya

Lieu : Tripei(Taïwan)
Langues : Taïwanais (L.mater orale) chinois, japonais,Fr, Gb, coréeen un peu

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

London in my eyes (in English) Empty Re: London in my eyes (in English)

Message  MurielB Dim 30 Juil - 21:54

Thanks for your words Yaya. What you write about London is amazing for me. I thought that the English, contrary to the undisciplined French,  were very respectful of the traffic rules :
 Nobody(pedestrians) respected the traffic light and the cars were violent.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas