Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 Empty Re: quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature

Message  MurielB le Mer 5 Sep - 23:21

Hi everyone 
I have just met a nice guy 
He showed us a moving video about atheism 

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 Empty Buddhism's popularity in the United States

Message  MurielB le Mar 23 Oct - 22:09

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_in_the_United_States
Buddhism, once thought of as a mysterious religion from the East, has now become very popular in the West, and is one of the largest religions in the United States. As Buddhism does not require any formal "conversion", American Buddhists can easily incorporate dharma practice into their normal routines and traditions. The result is that American Buddhists come from every ethnicity, nationality and religious tradition.[

https://futurism.com/harvard-neuroscientist-meditation-reduces-stress-and-literally-changes-your-brain/
quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 GettyImages-565784993-300x235

Harvard Neuroscientist: Meditation Reduces Stress and literally Changes Your Brain

Dernière édition par MurielB le Mar 23 Oct - 22:31, édité 2 fois

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 Empty Re: quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature

Message  MurielB le Mar 23 Oct - 22:24

In Buddhism guided meditation is very interesting. It consists in taking refuge in one's own mind, learning to live in the moment and realizing how former thoughts bring you to what you are now.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB le Jeu 20 Déc - 22:50

What is important is to suppress wrong perceptions

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 Empty Spinoza'sGod

Message  MurielB le Sam 28 Mar - 23:02

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 I-believe-in-spinozas-god-who-reveals-himself-in-the-orderly-hamony-of-what-exists-not-in-a-god-who-concerns-himself-with-the-fates-and-actions-of-human-beings-albert-einstein-religion-quote
In this time of pandemic where everything has stopped because containment is the only way to stop the virus...I think of the harmony we all desire.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy le Dim 29 Mar - 6:01

That's clear that if you suppose that God intervines in the fates of human beings, you can't understand cholera, pestilence, famine, even wars. Why should a child die because of an illness, whereas he or she is innocent ?
You can't understand and you say " the paths of God are so mysterious".

If you suppose that God let the nature make its job, you understand everything.

However, there remains special things, for instance healers...but there is probably a scientific explanation.

That doesn't prevent from believing in a God who created the universe...nor a special intervine, why not ?

The question of God is probably more subtle. Einstein used to say : "Tell me what God is and I will tell you if I believe in him"...

That's only a little contribution to this discussion about metaphysical issues Cool

Remy

Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  MurielB le Dim 29 Mar - 22:19

Hi Rémy I agree with what you have said "let Nature makes its job and you 'll understand everything" (Nature=God acccording to Spinoza) and thanks for your interesting contribution.  
How does Nature behave? What is Nature made of? Could science give us the answers ?
The idea that Science only deals with technology is wrong. I think it is the contrary. Science is like Nature, it teaches us everything; 
Classical Science with Newton makes it seem like we're living in  a segregated world because each particle is on its own.  The paradigm is "Survival of the fittest and  acceptance of agression" because there is no need to cooperate.
With quantum science we now know that everything is connected
Quantum mechanics or the study of the micro-world states illustrates that what we think of reality, is not so. Our human brains trick us into believing in the idea of separation when in truth, nothing is truly separated —including human beings.
=>https://www.learning-mind.com/quantum-mechanics-reveals-how-we-are-all-truly-connected/ (Paste that link please)
As we are all interconnected cheating people is stupid because the only acceptable behaviour is cooperation. In that sense we are God and our destiny is in our hands.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy le Lun 30 Mar - 3:16

Ok Muriel. Interesting.  But what about the origin of the universe ? And do we have a soul ?

Remy

Message  MurielB le Lun 30 Mar - 19:38

Hi Rémy 

What is the soul?

The video in French below by philippe Guillement inspired me, your comments are welcome.

1 Can something not exclusively mechanical exist? We live in a reality whose mechanics is not enough to determine the course of events (we must add information we do not know the laws).

2 What is it that keeps us alive? Physics says that any complex system evolves into disorder and yet living beings are able to remain orderly.

3 can immaterial exist ?The vacuum is filled with energy, information and vibrations, so what is immaterial can exist.

4 Can the soul survive after death? Our consciousness is made of quantum information. Space and time have no effect on quantum information.

Dernière édition par MurielB le Lun 30 Mar - 21:32, édité 1 fois

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  MurielB le Lun 30 Mar - 21:26

What about the origin of the universe ?
Space and time have no effect on quantum information. There is no beginning whatsoever. The origin is quantum information and it is outside space and time

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Remy le Mar 31 Mar - 9:17

Hi Muriel,

sorry to tell that, but the theory largely accepted is that of the big bang. And Philippe Guillemant is very contested...considered as a guru...

but why not...

Remy

Message  MurielB le Mar 31 Mar - 12:55

Hello Rémy
I agree that our world is stange and in fact it is not what it looks like. I agree that Phillip Guillerment can be challenged, but he's not the only one (Jung could very well have been called a guru with his syncronicity)
The term synchronicity was coined by Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung (1875-1961). Jung had a strong belief in a wide variety of paranormal phenomenon, including psychic powers, astrology, alchemy, predictive dreams, UFOs and telekinesis (moving objects with the mind). He was also obsessed with numerology — the belief that certain numbers have special cosmic significance, and can predict important life events.
consider the double slit experiment l 
https://plus.maths.org/content/physics-minute-double-slit-experiment-0
the very act of observing a particle has a dramatic effect on its behaviour.
The observer has an influence on this experience, without him it doesn't happen. The  invisible world (spiritual ?) influences action, thought influences action. What is it ?
I agree that the beginning of the material construction of the world occurred at a given time (5 billion years people perhaps) and has continued to evolve until the present time but what about the spiritual aspect which depends neither on space nor time ? It IS and that’s it.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 Empty quantum physics

Message  MurielB le Sam 2 Mai - 22:19

Quantum physics teaches us that at the atomic level, it is difficult to predict the trajectory of an atom or electron.
Quantum physics is governed by probability... that is, it can't be an exact science...
On the other hand, it means that there are infinite possibilities (hence the idea of parallel worlds) as well as the power of our own consciousness on matter... the observer, through his measuring device, has an influence on the result of the measurement.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/new-experiment-hopes-solve-quantum-mechanics-biggest-mystery-180974132/

Beneath the world of classical physics, at the smallest scales, tiny particles don’t follow the usual rules. Particles sometimes act like waves, and vice versa. Sometimes they seem to exist in two places at once. And sometimes you can’t even know where they are.

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

quantum mechanics, metaphysics and freaks of nature - Page 3 Empty Parallel universes

Message  MurielB le Dim 3 Mai - 15:00

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2213756-a-classic-quantum-theorem-may-prove-there-are-many-parallel-universes/
Some ideas about the quantum world appear to suggest there are many versions of you spread out across many parallel universes. Now, two scientists have formulated a proof that attempts to show this is really true.
The proof involves a fundamental construct in quantum mechanics called Bell’s theorem. This theorem deals with situations where particles interact with each other, become entangled, and then go their separate ways. It is what’s called a “no-go theorem”, one designed to show that some assumption about how the world works is not true.
Bell’s …

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2213756-a-classic-quantum-theorem-may-prove-there-are-many-parallel-universes/#ixzz6LNq286Ko

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Page 3 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3