Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route

3 participants

Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route Empty Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route

Message  gerardM Mar 18 Juin - 20:56

Bonsoir à tous,

-> Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route

I sometimes (often) write the French cannot hear all the sounds of the English language and so, it's difficult to pronounce them!

In fact, it's worse than that! Wink

In addition to the ear, we also have the brain and the muscles of the mouth which are faulty! Smile
The muscles of the mouth, the suppleness of the tongue, of the palate, of the lips, etc. we already said it speaking about kids who lose any ability to pronounce correctly due to their lack to practice before the age of 7 or 8.
In the present case, it's the brain which is affected and which can no longer manage the muscles in question!!

As far as I cound understand, there had already be a case in France with someone who suddenly spoke with a German accent.

French accent, German accent... in fact it's simply an altered accent due to physical issues.

Any comments?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route Empty Re: Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route

Message  MurielB Mer 19 Juin - 8:33

Hi Gérard, hi everyone !
The foreign accent would have to be one  the patient is already familiar with.  Nowadays, with global communication  most people have contacts with a wide variety of accents--but it's no proof of that syndrome, is it ?
Anyway some people think that the foreign accent syndrome proves reincarnation because your former self comes back to life.Smile I can't believe that, can you ?
For me speaking or writing like a native is the impossible dream, the inaccessible star. I will never succeed, I will never sound English or Spanish or whatever language I am studying.My tongue, my palate, my lips are trained to speak French but I will spend all my life to improve. Very hard job indeed ! Wink

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route Empty Re: Australie : elle parle avec l'accent français après un accident de la route

Message  Remy Mer 19 Juin - 13:30

Muriel, I'm sure you can pronounce a foreign language with a right accent.
It's like a gift of nature, isn't it ? Like singing , painting...and so long

Remy

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb

Message  gerardM Mer 19 Juin - 14:32

Hi Muriel, Remy, hi everyone,
Remy a écrit:Muriel, I'm sure you can pronounce a foreign language with a right accent...
Go on working hard Muriel Wink

Yes You Can! Rémy says.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/