Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent?

2 participants

APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent? Empty APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent?

Message  gerardM Mer 18 Sep - 18:40

Hi everyone,

Interesting isn't it?
-> APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent?

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent? Empty Re: APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent?

Message  MurielB Mer 18 Sep - 19:37

Hi Gerard ! Hi Everyone !
To learn a language writing and reading are important but also
Hearing..

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent? Empty Re: APPRENTISSAGE de la LANGUE: La télévision pour avoir le bon accent?

Message  gerardM Mer 18 Sep - 20:50

... speaking as well.
Go to the café.

gerardM

Message  MurielB Mer 18 Sep - 23:12

Good idea Gérard !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  gerardM Mer 18 Sep - 23:57

Hi Muriel, hi everyone,

What to watch and listen to on TV? Films (dodgy accents sometimes) or the news?

gerardM

Message  MurielB Jeu 19 Sep - 9:36

So many different things then! Personnally i like to listen to the radio or CDs (with a headphone) because i need to move round the house and clean things up !

MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Message  Invité Jeu 19 Sep - 21:35

In my opinion, the presentators on TV do often have a too posh accent, which is something I don't really like... ( and English people as well, apart from the posh people and some others which are a small part ! )

I would rather travel and listen to music ( and sing ? ) in order to improve my English ( so my accent ). I am currently living in Manchester and when I came to Calais, few people said I have a Mancunian accent and I myself did not notice it ! So I suppose that the fact we talk with the locals give a help in improving our accent.

Invité
Invité

Message  gerardM Jeu 19 Sep - 22:15

Hi MarineL,

> So I suppose that the fact we talk with the locals
Of course, everyone would agree.
The article speaks about alternatives.

Right that newscasters get trained to have an accent understandable by everyone including foreigners: they learn how to pronounce and speak slowly.
Same case for politicians (say top level/international ones).

TV also broadcasts reports, interviews and films ie various accents which are not that easy to understand.

So there are oodles of accents.

Something very important is to understand various accents.
Better to have a "posh" accent than the French schoolish one LOL

I personally don't like anchorperson's accent. Moreover, I don't like too good vocabulary and grammar either.

gerardM

Message  Invité Jeu 19 Sep - 22:27

But a French schoolish accent seems to sound cute for foreigners... Although, not to me. I try my best not to have a French accent.

The posh accent is a bit " fake " to my ears, does not show England to me, but just a tiny part of it. I personally fell in love with the Mancunian accent a long time before I moved here. Smile
But I'd still choose to have the posh one instead of the French, especially " calaisien "...

Invité
Invité