Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Hackers Can Now Create Fake Traffic Jams

Hackers Can Now Create Fake Traffic Jams Empty Hackers Can Now Create Fake Traffic Jams

Message  gerardM Mer 2 Avr - 0:31

Hi there.

-> Hackers Can Now Create Fake Traffic Jams
A couple of Israeli students figured out a way to create fake traffic jams using the popular, Google-owned Waze GPS app. And while it sounds silly at first, these kinds of infrastructure hacks could have serious consequences as we depend more and more on data to help us get around town.
The Waze hack is pretty simple. Shir Yadid and Meital Ben-Sinai from Technion-Israel Institute of Technology registered thousands of phony Waze users by impersonating smart phones. Then they simply sent all the fake users to the same GPS location, creating a massive traffic jam in the eyes of other Waze users. While they pulled off the hack just to show how it could be done, a trick like this could ruin the days for thousands of real drivers.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Hackers Can Now Create Fake Traffic Jams Empty Re: Hackers Can Now Create Fake Traffic Jams

Message  gerardM Mer 2 Avr - 0:34

Hi therre.

I'm not surprised... there's worse!
I wrote years back that it would be possible to hack cars ie pirates would be able to drive your own car: create a brealdown, disable brakes, etc and ask you to pay for repair and safe trip.

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas