Café polyglotte sur le net (Language forum)
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The discovery that could rewrite physics

2 participants

The discovery that could rewrite physics  Empty The discovery that could rewrite physics

Message  gerardM Sam 5 Avr - 14:55

Hi everyone,

What do you think?

-> The discovery that could rewrite physics
On March 17, 2014, a group of physicists announced a thrilling discovery: the “smoking gun” data for the idea of an inflationary universe, a clue to the Big Bang. For non-physicists, what does it mean? TED asked Allan Adams to briefly explain the results, in this improvised talk illustrated by Randall Munroe of xkcd.
-> The discovery that could rewrite physics (Transcript)

gerardM

Lieu : Ermont & Eaubonne café-langues (Val d'Oise)
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), US-En, De, It, Ru

http://volangues.blogspot.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The discovery that could rewrite physics  Empty Re: The discovery that could rewrite physics

Message  MurielB Sam 5 Avr - 22:44

Yes it is a very important discovery but It is very difficult for me to fully understand it.

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois

The discovery that could rewrite physics  Empty Re: The discovery that could rewrite physics

Message  MurielB Lun 7 Avr - 21:43

Hi Gérard, everyone !
I have been reading all over again that discovery because it is awfully important and interesting. There in fact two discoveries : the universe is expanding and gravitational waves exist.
Gravitational waves are a feature of the theories of relativity and cosmic inflation a feature of quantum mechanics.
They think they can reconcile the two incompatible  theories.
and also
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2584282/Could-Big-Bang-ripples-prove-parallel-universes-exists-Gravitational-wave-discovery-paves-way-multiverse.html

This suggests the cosmos is constantly giving birth to parallel universes

What do you think ? Have I misunderstood the whole thing ?

You Don't speak French              =>Gb,De, Esp, It 
MurielB
MurielB
Admin

Lieu : Calais
Langues : Français (Langue maternelle), Gb, De, It, Es, chinois